Easier to Read Manual for the Pro 97/2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunker

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Exellent job! I'm sure lots of people will appriciate this. I agree that Radioshack makes the sh*ttyest manuals ever, and this really helps. :)

D

DaveNF2G

Fantastic idea, brilliantly executed!

I'll be watching for that 396 manual - along with the 996 and the BC-296D/796D versions. :)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for the 246 manual, i printed it and it put me "over the learning curve" now i have not purchased the 396 or 996 yet as im waiting for your manual to simplify the load of settings in those fantastic radios.....

mrscannerman

This is my very first post and I feel like jumping off a building with this PRO 97!!!

Hello,

I just had surgery on my knee and finally decided to get my TRUNKING scanner to work. What a miserable time I have been having with it!

I dont have the cable - RADIO SHACK is out of them and wanted to see if I could do it manually first and if it worked... I would get the cable, get the full subscription and bang-zoom!

So after a ton of searching and reading, I started programming from this URL ( Broward County Trunking System, Broward County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies )

I live in broward county so I painstakingly entered all of them and started scanning and stroing some talk groups IDs etc... (I dont really know what the hell I was doing but I saw them and saved them...)

Anyway - I entered a few about 10 actual talk groups close to my home and took the time to enter the text labels to see when they pop up.

Ok, I don't know how to listen to just them - they occationally pop up but so does a ton of other talk groups for the entire county...

Now also when I just hit scan with every other bank off it does not stop anywhere.

I don't know what is wrong or how to scan... I miss the old days with my PRO-92 with my custom 800Mhz Antenna that helped get cell phones way back when... I was always freaked out about trunk tracking, but hear that it works... What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone please help?!?!?

PS - That link for the best easy manual is not up anymore... will this help teach me?

Just finished an easier to read manual for the Pro 97/2055 scanners:
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html

N1BHH

Status
Not open for further replies.