Easiest scanner to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerSmith

The last and only scanner I ever had was a Realistic, 20K1081, 148-175Mhz, no crystals just a dial. I tuned to our local police band and listened. I've been reading posts for a couple of months and have been so intrigued that I took and passed my amateur technician license exam last week. Now the big question: which scanner is the easiest to actually set up and use? All I want to monitor is the state police, local sheriff, fire and EMS. I have no desire to record, nor to spend lots of time programming info into a scanner. I'm located in Jackson county, Michigan and according to RRDB I would need radio capable of P25 phase 1 to receive the state police. HT, mobile or base configuration doesn't matter I am flexible. So any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Steve

whisper16

HP2

Another vote for the Home Patrol 2. Not only is it easy to program but the reception is awesome.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I recommend the HP-2 as well. Best scanner I have ever owned and have had them for over 40 years.

Nice full color touch screen, easy to use, especially if you have used a smart phone or GPS.

The HP-2 has never had to have a firmware update it is so good.

Badboy536

Homepatrol 2.easy to use and easy to make favorites list to customize to what you
Want to listen to.

RugerSmith

Thanks for the input, looks like I'll try a HP 2. I will wait for the black Friday sales, just to see if something pops ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.