East Bay Regional Communications System Auth. 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator

dougr1252

Thanks for posting this. I guess they mixed up the attachments, because they have the letters for SF on all the apps. Sounds like Rev. 2 is on the way.

The East Bay Regional Communications System Authority, has applied to the FCC, to implement a multiple site, Project 25 TRS. They are requesting slow-growth licenses, as they are forecasting that it will take up to five years to bring all of the users online. With that said, here are the applications:

Application 1

Application 2

Application 3

Application 4

Application 5

Application 6

Application 7

Slow Growth Letter

Yours truly,

Ron

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The city and county of San Francisco, have also applied for their own 700 MHz Project 25 TRS. I wonder if this will be a stand-alone system, or part of the proposed East Bay Regional Communications System? Here is the license application as submitted to the FCC:

Pending application.

Yours truly,

Ron

dougr1252

I would guess that this is the start of their new P25 or ASTRO25 system. They'll add their existing 800 MHz channels to it over a period of time and migrate the users. They will have various links to the other regional systems like EBRCS, but not be a part of them directly. There will probably be some type of roaming however.

BlueZebra

Golden Gate Bridge District also has an app in for >100 of the 700Mhz
channels for a 3 county system.

That would have to be for their bus system,as they operate in Sonoma, Marin and SF counties. Don't know why they would need 100 channels, tho.

dougr1252

It's actually 12 channels x 5 sites x multiple antennas x FB/FB2 + mobiles + ht's. Approved in March, so 9 months left to build out.

That would have to be for their bus system,as they operate in Sonoma, Marin and SF counties. Don't know why they would need 100 channels, tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.