East Central 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
There is an unknown time frame but East Central 911 (Montour & Columbia counties) will be moving to a P25 Phase 2 system seeing that their new Motorola APX 8000Rs are currently programmed with the new system but no sites are live yet. They are also programmed with the PA STARNet Global zone.

Attachments

• EC 911 STARNet Global.jpg
    EC 911 STARNet Global.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 61
  • EC 911 EMS 1.jpg
    EC 911 EMS 1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It will be a five subsite VHF simulcast on the 942 core, separate from the two existing sites in Columbia County (111 & 112)

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Yes they have signed onto StarNet.... as far as I know, I think 5 Counties have so far.

Work has my brain melted more than usual. I know I’ve seen a list posted somewhere but can’t find it. What other counties have signed on with the state to jump on the state system? I see Warren in the wiki but that’s it so far.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, the new system is the PA StarNet P25 not a new separate system, When they switch.
Known Tower Sites
View attachment 91478
I can hear all the sites except for the Wyoming County, southern Luzerne, CLOU02 AND THE SCHUYLKILL ones and no Columbia or Montour traffic so far.

Last edited:

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I can hear all the sites except for the Wyoming County, southern Luzerne, CLOU02 AND THE SCHUYLKILL ones and no Columbia or Montour traffic so far.

I’ve had the Luzerne sites in my scanner since they hit the database. I haven’t heard very much on either of them. I also have the Columbia, Wyoming, and Lackawanna sites entered just in case but I’m probably too far away to get those. Especially in my hole I live in.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I’ve had the Luzerne sites in my scanner since they hit the database. I haven’t heard very much on either of them. I also have the Columbia, Wyoming, and Lackawanna sites entered just in case but I’m probably too far away to get those. Especially in my hole I live in.
LUZE04 has a fair amount of game commission traffic on it that's about it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Motorola has been building out a few of these new systems (along with some conventional networks) using frequencies in the 161.7875 - 162.0375 range, licensed under several PC (Public Coast Stations, Auctioned) licenses held by Motorola. These are similar to the Part 22 Paging licenses, in that they aren't site-based, but are instead market-based and so they are extremely flexible in terms of where they can be used. Northumberland's P25 system is built out on these frequencies, and so it's possible the Columbia/Montour cell may also use frequencies in that range (if they don't reuse some of each county's VHF spectrum).

Status
Not open for further replies.