East Central Emergency Network (Columbia/Montour Counties)

Tommahawk

I'm still trying to find the information on the new system that is supposedley going to occur. I understand that there was a news article about it in either September or August, but I really haven't found any information on the frequencies, etc. I know that its supposed to be a P25 II system, but thats all I really know.

Anyone have any details? I can't find anything listed for a system like this in Columbia County, or is the East Central Emergency Network going to be piggybacking on the state system??

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They are operating here.
On this Site
TGID's are unconfirmed

Last edited:

Tommahawk

They are operating here.
Thanks... I kept on looking in the database for Columbia/East Central Emergency Network

Found the FCC Data on it: https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...ttachmentKey=20836521&attachmentInd=licAttach

The actual license is held by First Energy? It just doesn't make any sense to me why. Are the VHF frequencies active at all yet?

Licensee:

WRCB536 FELHC, INC

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Well yes that is technically correct, the state and FE are partners of a sort.

These are active, site is linked above.

Site Frequencies

161.825 161.8625a 161.900c 161.9375

Long been discussed here.

On this license
I'm pretty sure this is correct..

Tommahawk

Well yes that is technically correct, the state and FE are partners of a sort.

These are active, site is linked above.

Site Frequencies

161.825 161.8625a 161.900c 161.9375

Long been discussed here.

On this license
I'm pretty sure this is correct..

Thank you. I've really been busy with health/family things for the past few years and just moved to the area last year from Lancaster County so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Your information really assisted me and now I'll shut up!

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Thank you. I've really been busy with health/family things for the past few years and just moved to the area last year from Lancaster County so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Your information really assisted me and now I'll shut up!

The law enforcement talkgroups for Columbia/Montour will be encrypted. Fire/EMA/EMS/interop/other will be clear.
I'm not totally clear on when the actual migration is happening. Periodic testing by county personnel has been heard over the summer. Emergency services have been issued radios with the new talkgroups in them, however the old VHF analog is still in use.
One the fire side, expect the simplex channels (Mobile Ops) to remain in use for fireground comms.
I would expect to see the ECEN talkgroups show up on the ECEN simulcast cell and adjacent sites (like COLU02, SULL01, etc). They'll likely be restricted from roaming beyond that.

alexguf

I have told some time back that they will be using the EMA paging frequency 154.055 unless that changed for Col/Mont Fire 1

KC3ECJ

Hopefully the fire dispatch remains on analog.
Can get it up in Lackawanna County.

KB3ZI

The law enforcement talkgroups for Columbia/Montour will be encrypted. Fire/EMA/EMS/interop/other will be clear.
I'm not totally clear on when the actual migration is happening. Periodic testing by county personnel has been heard over the summer. Emergency services have been issued radios with the new talkgroups in them, however the old VHF analog is still in use.
One the fire side, expect the simplex channels (Mobile Ops) to remain in use for fireground comms.
I would expect to see the ECEN talkgroups show up on the ECEN simulcast cell and adjacent sites (like COLU02, SULL01, etc). They'll likely be restricted from roaming beyond that.
What emergency services have been issued radios

alexguf

In a pericious post I was told by the director of ECEN that the fire 1 or dispatch will go from the previous 156.015 to 154.055.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
What emergency services have been issued radios
IDK who belongs to what radio, but 515 radio ID's have been posted to the wiki thus far.
Unconfirmed TGID's 20031-20095 posted to date.. [Many have been noted to be ENCrypted, Presumably law enforcement]
RID/UID's [219xxxx Units]

179 - 184 are the Console ID's (Dispatch)

Last edited:

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I was told that the PD talkgroups will be using selectable encryption not full time because the PD radios have the ability to use the concentric switch to turn ENC on and off. According to the flashcode on one radio I seen they'll be using ADP instead of AES-256 probably due to the extra cost to add AES that the county couldn't justify spending and the fact that the APXs seem to come standard with ADP if I'm not mistaken.

KC3ECJ

I was told that the PD talkgroups will be using selectable encryption not full time because the PD radios have the ability to use the concentric switch to turn ENC on and off. According to the flashcode on one radio I seen they'll be using ADP instead of AES-256 probably due to the extra cost to add AES that the county couldn't justify spending and the fact that the APXs seem to come standard with ADP if I'm not mistaken.

What way do they turn it on and off on the radio?
Dedicated button?

If I were to set up the radio, I would simply make it as easy as changing to channel 2.