East Central Emergency Network (Columbia/Montour Counties)

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Hey I wanted to hop on and mention that I am working on creating a list of the Radio IDs for ECEN and was wondering if anybody on here would like to help out. I currently have it set up on google sheets so if anyone would like to contribute I can provide the link to it..

Has anyone figured out a max number of UID’s the SDS scanners will support adding onto a Favorite List? As these new P25 systems start getting ID’d it’d be nice to add as much as I can in my 100 and 200.

scred570

Has anyone figured out a max number of UID’s the SDS scanners will support adding onto a Favorite List? As these new P25 systems start getting ID’d it’d be nice to add as much as I can in my 100 and 200.

From what i can find in another post here the sds series radios don't have a limitation as you can use a SD card to expand your memory space, I am using a BCD996P2 and unfortunately limited to 500 Frequencies/talkgroups/ RIDs per system.... I'm not worried being that i only really want the main apparatus recognized...

I'm utilizing the spreadsheet to identify as many as I can so the information can be shared online for those that are interested

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Well that makes me less afraid to add. I’m only at a couple dozen so far but wasn’t sure if it had the same limitations as the 996P2.
Now I just need to put in the time to ID the ones that will stay consistent.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
From what i can find in another post here the sds series radios don't have a limitation as you can use a SD card to expand your memory space, I am using a BCD996P2 and unfortunately limited to 500 Frequencies/talkgroups/ RIDs per system.... I'm not worried being that i only really want the main apparatus recognized...

I'm utilizing the spreadsheet to identify as many as I can so the information can be shared online for those that are interested

The favorite list file size can be a max of 1024K. In Sentinel, if you go to Edit, then Edit profile, you can see the file sizes and how close you are getting. My NJICS list is at 864K now and I have around 750 talk groups and 16,500 ID's in mine.

alexguf

From a field user point of view, on paper the system is great a lot like the old OpenSky system was but we all know exactly how that turned out.. I have my own Minitor 6 I was told to switch over to 154.055 I will do so if or when they stop dispatching on 156.015 I have my own programmer so I can do so any time. I'm Fire Police at the Department I'm a member at I also own my own APX7000 I use. So far I have not had many issues, I also have only used the system for 3 calls since the system went live.
Have you hear of a analog op channel yet is county ops or old fire dispatch

LGolder

Feed Provider
Have you hear of a analog op channel yet is county ops or old fire dispatch
So far the only analog ops traffic that I know of is on analog fire 1 (156.015 still on repeater). I heard them set up a fill site and use ops 4 but I think that was digital not analog.

LGolder

Feed Provider
I know it's sad so many counties are going P25 and losing everyone. I myself bought my APX7000 portable because of that reason but not everyone can afford that.

LGolder

Feed Provider
I was always told no but there's a guy down near Harrisburg that does it and it works.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
But you can't NAS a phase 2 system can you?
Yes, you can. Whoever started the rumor that it's not possible got their facts wrong or mixed up. What a Motorola subscriber cannot do is monitor TDMA traffic channels in conventional mode, meaning you can't simply plug the voice frequencies into a conventional personality and scan them straight up as you can with FDMA traffic channels. Perhaps that's where the confusion arose.

But a proper non-"affiliate" (more correctly non-registration for P25 systems) scan setup? Sure, no different than doing the same with FDMA talkgroups.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can. Whoever started the rumor that it's not possible got their facts wrong or mixed up. What a Motorola subscriber cannot do is monitor TDMA traffic channels in conventional mode, meaning you can't simply plug the voice frequencies into a conventional personality and scan them straight up as you can with FDMA traffic channels. Perhaps that's where the confusion arose.

But a proper non-"affiliate" (more correctly non-registration for P25 systems) scan setup? Sure, no different than doing the same with FDMA talkgroups.
Good to know, thanks for letting me know!

Firemandakota87

Premium Subscriber
I have an unication g3 and everytime the dispatcher comes up all i get is the 20055 not ECEN fire 1 anyone have any ideas why

LGolder

Feed Provider
I have an unication g3 and everytime the dispatcher comes up all i get is the 20055 not ECEN fire 1 anyone have any ideas why

Probably because its does not have the name of the talk group programmed in. I'm not to up to speed with the Unications but I would think you might be able to program TGs in them for when they show.

Firemandakota87

Premium Subscriber
Probably because its does not have the name of the talk group programmed in. I'm not to up to speed with the Unications but I would think you might be able to program TGs in them for when they show.
I have a name already set up it's just when it's on either of the sites it doesn't bring up the name

LGolder

Feed Provider
Then I'm not sure. I kinda have the same issue with my radio when I catch the signal from the tower north of Millville my radio won't decode the 2tone pager tones and activate but it does on any other tower.