Status
Not open for further replies.

CSSCdad2009

Planing a Road trip down the east coast(CT to FL) any suggestions on Frequencies I should have in the scanner. Mine is not a digital one.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In Maryland you will missing out on a great deal. Much of the central part of the state is now digital

That's a huge trip, and the frequencies are largely dependent on your route. You'll need to be a great deal more specific

best regards..Mike

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
In SC, you'll want to program talkgroups from the Palmetto 800 system to monitor SC Highway Patrol. Lots of info in the SC Wiki to determine which SCHP troops and Palmetto 800 sites to program.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
At the very minimum, for Maryland, you will want the state police. You will need a good mobile antenna; their system is almost strictly a simplex 39 mhz system, except where the county's 800 system echoes it. See the wiki page for more information on that.

Department of State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You will want, pretty much in order (assuming you are coming South on I-95)

MSP Perryville
MSP JFK
MSP Belair
MSP Golden Ring
MSP Glen Burnie
MSP Waterloo
MSP Forestville
MSP College Park
MSP Rockville

And State Highway Administration will be useful; they run the CHART trucks that respond to accidents

Department of Transportation Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

151.04/PL 173.8 (the audio is often overmodulated. The guy that runs that repeater should be fired...)
Frequencies for statewide, traffic office, districts 3,4,5 and 7

Best Regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.