East Granby Fire Changing Dispatch Centers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
They have all been working to get it done for the end of the month.

pvnh

From Granby EMS via their Facebook page: Effective today, June 30, 2021, at 10 a.m., all 9-1-1 calls from a landline or cellular phone will be answered by the Tolland County Mutual Aid Fire Service, Inc. a.k.a. "TN." They are the new public safety answering point, or PSAP, for the Town of East Granby. We have already had 9-1-1 medical calls in town today where the 9-1-1 system worked flawlessly.

Calls for emergency medical services will receive emergency medical dispatch service (EMD), a series of questions about the patient and their condition, followed by pre-arrival instructions to the caller for first aid treatment, turning on lights, securing pets, and more.

TN will provide the address and nature of the medical emergency to Granby Dispatch, within the Granby Police Department. Granby Dispatch will remain the primary dispatch center for all Granby Ambulnace Association resources.

Residents, businesses, and visitors will receive all the same essential dispatch services and EMS as prior to today. It'll just be a new set of voices will be answering your calls for help.

(TN will be the only dispatch center for the East Granby Vol. Fire Department. Calls for law enforcement services will be forwarded to the Connecticut State Police-Troop H Hartford for a response by the East Granby Resident State Troopers, the East Granby Police Department, or Troopers from H and/or BDL.)

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
From Granby EMS via their Facebook page: Effective today, June 30, 2021, at 10 a.m., all 9-1-1 calls from a landline or cellular phone will be answered by the Tolland County Mutual Aid Fire Service, Inc. a.k.a. "TN." They are the new public safety answering point, or PSAP, for the Town of East Granby. We have already had 9-1-1 medical calls in town today where the 9-1-1 system worked flawlessly.

Calls for emergency medical services will receive emergency medical dispatch service (EMD), a series of questions about the patient and their condition, followed by pre-arrival instructions to the caller for first aid treatment, turning on lights, securing pets, and more.

TN will provide the address and nature of the medical emergency to Granby Dispatch, within the Granby Police Department. Granby Dispatch will remain the primary dispatch center for all Granby Ambulnace Association resources.

Residents, businesses, and visitors will receive all the same essential dispatch services and EMS as prior to today. It'll just be a new set of voices will be answering your calls for help.

(TN will be the only dispatch center for the East Granby Vol. Fire Department. Calls for law enforcement services will be forwarded to the Connecticut State Police-Troop H Hartford for a response by the East Granby Resident State Troopers, the East Granby Police Department, or Troopers from H and/or BDL.)
Good news that it is working so far! I wonder what the procedure is going to be for Granby EMS going into east granby, if they have to sign on with TN or anything when they go

cg

Premium Subscriber
Granby EMS provides EMS for East Granby via contract. They will be dispatched by GPD, Sign on with GPD via local repeater, Sign enroute with NC CMED via MedTac, then sign on with TN via CLMRN for EMD.

chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
well lets see what happens when the next contract comes up. sounds like the middleman could be elinimated. I havent heard any calls yet. I am sure TN will do fine. They do many towns now.

Alec
N1AJW

I

So will EG fire still have operations on the 453.43750 frequency and which TN channel can they be heard on now for dispatch?

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I meant the 142.43750 operations frequency. So they’ll still use that and be dispatched on 33.94 by TN?
not 100% sure what they are being paged over, but from my understanding, nothing changed with their radios.

I

What frequency on TN? I’m sure they’ll continue the same operations frequency; it’s digital and it is a frequency in the military range, as they often use CANG for backup on fire calls.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
How is East Granby Fire on 142mhz when public safety VHF is 150-174 MHz? Wouldn't 142mhz would be a maritime land/mobile frequency? Where do they even get radios that operate on 142mhz?

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
try thats where I get most TN pages. If the current frequencies are silent Used to be 33.80 also but RR doesnt show it anymore. Havent heard anything yet.

153.12500WQKB503BM179.9 PLTN DispatchFire/EMS Dispatch

ecps92

Odd to see Military NTIA channels allowed, most of the NTIA assignments outside of the Federal Government are in the 162-174 and 406-420 range, makes me wonder if this was a short-term quick fix [hand-shake]
yup. Thats what they use 142.4375 NAC 103

MarkB513

The best frequency I've found for monitoring TN is Vernon's simulcast on 155.2275 (179.9). The coverage is incredible (I hear it in Cheshire) not to mention you don't have to worry about picking up some towers better then others as with the 153.125. It repeats everything loud and clear including Broad Brook, Warehouse Point and now I would have to assume East Granby.

I hope TN simulcasts the initial dispatch of East Granby on 142.4375 (not the tones, but the audio). I never was able to receive Granby dispatch well on the low band and I'd end up not knowing where they were responding to as units signed on the air on 142.4375. TN dispatch, with no more low band will obviously be better, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.