East Haddam FD & CLMRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
So, I’m trying 141001 & and 141002 for TG’s. (041 plus 100=141 for the first three digits followed by three more digits? Or is it two?) What site(s) should I use? The same sites CSP Troop F is on? I’d like to think it’s simulcast but have been told differently-apparently only to be transmitted on sites local to East Haddam. And that means I may not hear in Farmington?

East Haddam is on CLMRN with the following UID's:

EHADDAM.jpg

Fire and EMS are on VHF I haven't heard any fire or medical calls on CLMRN

eehaddam.jpg

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all. I wonder if you have knowledge as to if these TG’s are going to be strictly local (area covered) or will they be available on other sites too? My guess is local only?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Obviously it depends on the affiliations but I would think that Troop F & K will be allowed to carry it as there is a tower with both cells on it in the town. East side of town would favor the surrounding K sites, West side might favor the F cell.

chris

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Obviously it depends on the affiliations but I would think that Troop F & K will be allowed to carry it as there is a tower with both cells on it in the town. East side of town would favor the surrounding K sites, West side might favor the F cell.

chris
Thanks Chris

n1chu

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 92757

View attachment 92758
Doctordialtone,

Short version; What are the TG’s used by East Haddam for BOTH police and Fire/EMS on CLMRN?

Long version; Thanks for the UID’s. I’m guessing some are for the PD. Not knowing how many vehicles the East Haddam police have, I’ve assumed those UID’s may be two per vehicle? One for cat2car and the other for the repeater? It may look like I’m confusing TG’s with UID’s here but since I don’t see listed a specific TG for police, I need to ask for further understanding. What is the East Haddam police TG? I’ve programmed those UID’s you posted as TG’s but believe that is wrong. Wondering if you would post TG’s for both PD and FD?

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Doctordialtone,

Short version; What are the TG’s used by East Haddam for BOTH police and Fire/EMS on CLMRN?

Long version; Thanks for the UID’s. I’m guessing some are for the PD. Not knowing how many vehicles the East Haddam police have, I’ve assumed those UID’s may be two per vehicle? One for cat2car and the other for the repeater? It may look like I’m confusing TG’s with UID’s here but since I don’t see listed a specific TG for police, I need to ask for further understanding. What is the East Haddam police TG? I’ve programmed those UID’s you posted as TG’s but believe that is wrong. Wondering if you would post TG’s for both PD and FD?

East Haddam police are State Police Constables Troop K. While they might have a local town tg they are dispateched by Troop K.

Alec

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
East Haddam police are State Police Constables Troop K. While they might have a local town tg they are dispateched by Troop K.

Alec
Thanks Alec,

I was hoping to get the TG format from the PD TG. My understanding is that any TG for East Haddam is the town tax code plus 100. That would makthe first 3 digits 141 followed by 001, 002, 003 etc. that would make it a 6 digit TG. And if it’s only 5 digits I would drop one of the zeros. Does that sound correct?

As Alec said, they are Constables. The UID's are shown in an earlier post - not the "Formula"

They can be heard on CLMRN with the above UID's. I only hear them maybe 5 times per day.

The fire calls would be on a VHF channel shown in the database.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 92757

View attachment 92758
It appears the 6 digit TG’s are wrong. But I’ve not been able to confirm anything as yet. It’s just that the scanner (SDS200) won’t take the 6 digits. Another source provided me with a listing which was just like yours but only 5 digits long. An example is as follows; 141001 has one too many zeros. It should read 14101. Hopefully, you could comment on this for me. The other source says he’s verified at least one of East Haddam’s TG’s.

Dickie_10

TG 14101 is East Haddam Fire, I think its just a simulcast of 46.22 right now. Back in August, right after the big storm, TGs 14104 & 14106 were also being used for what sounded like Public Works and Emergency Management respectively.

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. That jives with what info I have. It appears they took a VHF low band simplex system and patched it into a UHF repeater system. And then when CLMRN came along they patched it to Troop F and/or K sites too.

I have seen the Haddam FD portable radios that each member has-they are programmed for TG’s on CLMRN and expect East Haddam intends to follow suite somewhere down the road, maybe not issuing each member a portable but following Haddam onto CLMRN. Haddam’s issuing portables to all members tells me they are not interested in supporting their old VHF low band patch UHF repeater systems for tone outs or as a backup system going forward. Instead, I’m guessing they will do away with their tone alert pagers and notify members using their new portables, all on CLMRN TG’s. (Probably keep the old system around for mutual aid, until other towns catch up or maybe just support M/A UHF in officers vehicles and some apparatus?)

I also have 14106 as OEM and thanks for DPW using 14104.

Status
Not open for further replies.