East Hampton FD 1 Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
hey all,
I’m on vacation in the hamptons presently and brought my trusty Xpr3500 with East Hampton FD 1 in the radio, I hear the tones and the dispatcher acknowledging units however the units never seem to talk on this channel. I forget which one it is wether it’s East Hampton 2 or the individual depts TGs on the East Hampton Smartnet system. Anyone know which channel the units talk to 9-1-0 on and why they just acknowledge the units on EH1!
Thank you all for any help

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Can you post the tg id you hear tones on? The only EHFD 1 or 2 listed in the db is on the Suffolk County p25 system and they are pretty new. I have not logged any traffic or radio affiliations yet.

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
East Hampton 1 is a paging channel and is used for all tone outs throughout the town. You are hearing one side of the conversation (dispatch only) so members can hear additional info about alarms, crew status etc without having to carry a 800 radio.
Units talk to 9-1-0 on the 800 system on their respective Dept talk groups.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
East Hampton 1 is a paging channel and is used for all tone outs throughout the town. You are hearing one side of the conversation (dispatch only) so members can hear additional info about alarms, crew status etc without having to carry a 800 radio.
Units talk to 9-1-0 on the 800 system on their respective Dept talk groups.
Thank you very much, I figured as much I had this all figured out last year and I couldn’t remember. Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.