East Hampton P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
Hello to my Suffolk Cty radio monitor neighbors from across Long Island Sound.
I am currently able to receive and monitor East Hampton's P25 TRS from my location in Southeastern CT.

My request is geared towards anyone who regularly monitors and is familiar East Hampton's P25 TRS setup.
I have seen the info on RR Com for East Hampton's P25 TRS but, not being from that area, it's a little confusing.
It appears some of the various town units (police, fire, EMS, etc.) are dispatched by a central dispatch center.
Confirmation of the various dispatch RID's would be helpful in sorting it out.

Lastly, does anyone have a list of long term patch RID's (65xxx) as used by Suffolk Cty P25 TRS on East Hampton's TRS
that they're willing to share?

If uncomfortable posting any of my above requests publicly, a PM would be fine with thanks.

Moderators: If this thread/post belongs elsewhere please feel free to move it to where it does belong.

Everyone stay safe, stay well.

Dennis

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
East Hampton Village PD is the primary dispatch center for the town and all villages that reside within it. This includes fire, EMS, police, code etc. EHV Pd uses the identifier central for PD units or 9-1-0 for ems / fire. I have a list of permanent patch talk groups I’ll share later but I can tell you offhand it includes, FRES, Medcom E, NYSPD, SCPD Command, sheriff 1 among others.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
East Hampton Village PD is the primary dispatch center for the town and all villages that reside within it. This includes fire, EMS, police, code etc. EHV Pd uses the identifier central for PD units or 9-1-0 for ems / fire. I have a list of permanent patch talk groups I’ll share later but I can tell you offhand it includes, FRES, Medcom E, NYSPD, SCPD Command, sheriff 1 among others.
I sent you a PM with thanks.

Dennis

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Doesn’t anyone know if the Firecom East and west UHF paging has fully gone online? I too live in SE CT and was told I should have no problem hearing them once all the sites go online. As of today I haven’t heard anything on them, the east channel happens to be real close to valley shore 911 here in CT so the CTCSS is important, one day I thought it was working but it was VS911 haha

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
UHF Paging West is fully online simulcasting from multiple sites. UHF Paging East isn't up yet, its still being tested as they had to find a new freq. The old freq was receiving too much interference from Nassau County. Paging for east end FD's are still on low band 46.46

As far as EHV Dispatch. Does anyone know if the FD/EMS agencies respond/communicate on their own talk-group, or is there 1 common talk group for all FD's to talk to the Dispatcher?

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
As far as EHV Dispatch. Does anyone know if the FD/EMS agencies respond/communicate on their own talk-group, or is there 1 common talk group for all FD's to talk to the Dispatcher?

Each agency has their own respective talk group they operate on to communicate with 9-1-0

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
So if I want to listen to East Hampton, NY Fire Dept are these separate freqs in database broadcasting same thing?
Monitor 453.425 for tone out activations and talk group 909 (38d) on the P25 system. You will hear all unit to unit and dispatch comms on this talk group.
The old Smartnet legacy system 9680 (25d0) is still on the air but no longer being used as all town communications have moved over to the new P25 radio system.

jabbeaux

Monitor 453.425 for tone out activations and talk group 909 (38d) on the P25 system. You will hear all unit to unit and dispatch comms on this talk group.
The old Smartnet legacy system 9680 (25d0) is still on the air but no longer being used as all town communications have moved over to the new P25 radio system.

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure. It seems like since talkgroups on one will only carry traffic if a radio is affiliated even though they’re patched, that between the two I’d want to be on the P25. To hear everything all the time.

What confuses me is the Suffolk County Fire Rescue Emergency Services (FRES). I get that it was low band moving to UHF paging. But do any east end FD’s, like anything east of Quogue, use it as their primary system? I could see stuff patched there. But is the future purpose to support Long Island’s division system, so areas without their own modernized system can have one big interconnected system?

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
What confuses me is the Suffolk County Fire Rescue Emergency Services (FRES). I get that it was low band moving to UHF paging. But do any east end FD’s, like anything east of Quogue, use it as their primary system? I could see stuff patched there. But is the future purpose to support Long Island’s division system, so areas without their own modernized system can have one big interconnected system?

To briefly summarize, all Lowband communications are going away. FRES has a two zone paging system E and W. All depts that are activated by FRES in any way ( whether initial activation, full dispatch or just backup etc) will be paged out on one of he two UHF paging channels. The FRES West has been online for some time now, The east frequency sites are still being optimized and tested. Once that's done all departments that FRES dispatches for East of the William Floyd will take place on FRES E channel which will replace 46.46

For any fire departments that FRES handles complete dispatch for ( start to finish) all communication will take place on the new suffolk co p25 system. This will replace the low band division frequencies ( 46.40, 46.48 etc) These departments will be assigned a talk group to communicate with FRES ( Fres OPS-3, Riverhead-1 etc )

Note this only applies to Departments that FRES dispatches for. Departments with their own dispatch service ie Southampton, Hampton Bays etc may continue to operate on their current systems.. or eventually request a talk group on this system to operate on

jabbeaux

That's really interesting, thank you! I was thinking about exactly those depts, e.g. Hampton Bays, North Sea, Southampton, Bridgehampton, Sag Harbor, East Hampton, Springs, Amagansett, and Montauk.

Wish I'd had these all programmed properly for the Fair Hills Ln fire last week. Usually interesting to hear the companies coordinating responses, station coverage, etc.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Southampton Village PD dispatches Southampton FD & Southampton Village Amb, North Sea FD, Bridgehampton FD. The FD's have their own Vhf systems, the Amb does also for activations and might be on the County 700/800 system as well for ops.

Southampton Volunteer Amb dispatched by South Hamp Town PD on UHF

East Hampton Village dispatches East Hamp FD & Amb, Springs FD, Sag Harbor FD, Montauk FD, Amagansett FD. Tone out on 453.425, then they operate on East Hamp 800 system.

Hampton Bays dispatches themselves & Hamp Bays Amb, both on their own UHF systems. (Southampton Town PD will initially activate Amb if the call goes through their E911, then Hamp Bays FD takes over. Not sure if FD does this also.
*Hampton Bays FD also dispatches East Quogue FD on UHF. South Hamp Town PD will initially activate if call comes through their E911.

Southampton Town PD - Dispatches themselves Their own VHF system
Southampton Village PD - Dispatches themselves on County 800 system
Sag Harbor PD - Dispatched by East Hamp Village on the East Hamp 800 system
East Hamp Town PD - Dispatches themselves on East Hamp 800 system
East Hamp Village PD - Dispatches themselves on East Hamp 800 system

cg

Premium Subscriber
Wish I'd had these all programmed properly for the Fair Hills Ln fire last week. Usually interesting to hear the companies coordinating responses, station coverage, etc.

Remember, if you are in ID SCAN with a trunk system and there is activity such as that on unprogrammed groups, you may be able to go to ID SEARCH and hear traffic. Hit Function-SCAN with 325P2/996P2 or FUNCTION E/YES with SDS radios. It will not work for programmed and locked out or shut off groups though or the RR Database scanning with SDS scanners. Repeat to switch back to ID SCAN

chris

jabbeaux

Remember, if you are in ID SCAN with a trunk system and there is activity such as that on unprogrammed groups, you may be able to go to ID SEARCH and hear traffic. Hit Function-SCAN with 325P2/996P2 or FUNCTION E/YES with SDS radios. It will not work for programmed and locked out or shut off groups though or the RR Database scanning with SDS scanners. Repeat to switch back to ID SCAN

chris
Thanks - I mostly scan it with a G3 or G5 as I volunteer in a dept out there. Listening to our neighboring agencies can tip me off to an upcoming mutual aid need, etc. I've intended to put Medcom (i think?) in too as we land the heli's often enough.
This info is broadly useful - agnostic of scanner brand - as I noticed some of the feeds have disappeared over the years. I might setup a RTL-SDR dongle and rPi 4 when supplies resurface to feed some of these missing east-end depts. If memory serves, the feed has been down for any Fire/EMS dispatched by Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.