East Hampton PD / EMS Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwmorey71

Hi --

I am the provider for the East Hampton, NY EMS / PD feed on Broadcastify. Recently my scanner stopped getting any radio traffic. I reset it and reprogrammed it from the RR database but I'm still not getting any traffic.

Does anyone know if East Hampton has either changed their frequencies or gone encrypted?

I suppose its possible my scanner died but I don't want to purchase a new unit if the issue is with the signal broadcast itself and not my scanner.

Thanks

Rich

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I suppose its possible my scanner died but I don't want to purchase a new unit if the issue is with the signal broadcast itself and not my scanner.
What make & model scanner are you using? Good way to rule out a receive problem with the scanner itself is to tune to your local NOAA weather broadcast frequency. Do you hear the broadcast?

Does anyone know if East Hampton has either changed their frequencies or gone encrypted?
Thread here says East Hampton recently migrated to a P25 system (as of January?). This is the system you've lost RX on? Good way to find out if they went encrypted would be to tune to a voice channel. Do you see ENC data coming up on the screen and/or hear garbled audio?

Last edited:

rwmorey71

I think it may be the transition to the P25 system. I just read up about that and my scanner is not compatible with P25.

Thanks

Rich

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
its being replaced with a P25 Phase 2 system
My scanner is not compatible and I think they may have transitioned to the new system which is why I am not getting anything.

Any scanner that decodes P25 Phase 2 will work. It is a simulcast site but so was the Smartzone system. Or a cheaper solution, an Airspy, SDRPlay, or any dongles that can cover a total of 5.375Mhz, used with decoding software.

rwmorey71

If this is your feed, its saying its offline.

Hi -

It was offline. It appeared the broadcastify server was unavailable briefly overnight but the app I'm using didn't try to reconnect. I have to see if I can configure it to retry when there is a connectivity problem instead of needing me to do it.

Its back online now.

Rich

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Rich, that sounds really good. Did you need to do anything special to get it going? You could never tell its a simulcast system.

rwmorey71

Rich, that sounds really good. Did you need to do anything special to get it going? You could never tell its a simulcast system.
Hey --

I connected the scanner to my PC and programmed it using the ProScan app and downloaded the frequencies from the Radio Reference database through ProScan. Really simple!

Rich

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
No, I get all that. I mean did you have to do anything for simulcast distortion, or did you have zero issues?

noyackfarms

RWMOREY71, Are you receiving Sag Harbor and Springs Fire Departments? I bought an SDS200 last week and they are missing from Radio Reference database. Everything else is there. Perhaps Radio Reference has not upgraded those two departments in the East Hampton P25 phase 2 simulcast system. Does not show up on my ID scanner mode. Using a rubber duck antenna. Outside antenna producing problems as I am too close to one of their simulcast sites on Millstone Rd. in Noyac.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are you receiving Sag Harbor and Springs Fire Departments? I bought an SDS200 last week and they are missing from Radio Reference database.
Does not show up on my ID scanner mode.

While I do not know if those two fire depts are on the system or not, the East Hampton P25 system is still fairly new. There are talkgroups on that system ( at least 10 ) that have not been identified and submitted yet. If your in range of the system, you can change your scan mode from ID scan to ID search and that will allow you to receive everything that's on the system. If you can confirm any tg's not listed, could you submit them?

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
Here are the additional talk groups I've confirmed. I just submitted to RR Database
253 - EVHOR ( East Hampton Volunteer Ocean Rescue )
909 - E Hampton FD
921 - Springs FD
925 - Sag Harbor Ambulance
965 - East Hampton Town FD Paging
65010 - SCPD Command Patch
65040 - NYSPD Troop L Ops Patch
65260 - MedComm E patch
65402 - Sheriff 1 Patch
65512 - FRES Dispatch Patch

noyackfarms

Thanks for the replys. I will switch over to ID search to see what is additional groups there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.