East Hampton Volunteer Ocean Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2zZe

I had the opportunity to stay out in Montauk over the Memorial Day weekend (boy, did I feel out-of-place. When your local taxicabs are Cadillac Escalade SUVs.....). While out there I became aware of an outfit called East Hampton Volunteer Ocean Rescue, thanks to an article in The Montauk Sun detailing how they recently drilled together with the fire department. Anyone have any ideas re: their radio operations - if any? I'm sure they have access to the standard VHF marine band channels. How are their members alerted to a call for service? Do they have a talkgroup on the town's trunked system? I'd like to head back out to The End again, and, with their prime season likely just getting underway, I'm curious as to how to monitor their activities.

https://www.easthamptonoceanrescue.org/

Last edited:

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
They're prob dispatched by East Hampton Village Communications (they do the majority of police/fire dispatch in the township). They prob use the East Hamp 800 and maybe toned out on the UHF paging freq.

Radio5390

Premium Subscriber
Ocean Rescue is dispatched via the town UHF page frequency (453.425) and have their own talkgroup on the East Hampton 800 TRS for communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.