East Haven Fire Dept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKENY044

I've been getting what sounds like data bursts on East Haven Fire Channel 1 453.5626 even with the pl locked at 203.5 switching it over to LTR is showing nothing for information. Any ideas or information? It's driving me nuts listening to a key up every few seconds.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
east haven fire dept 453.56250 pl 203.5
ems operations town of plymouth litchfield county 453.56250 dpl 565
town of orange fireground 2 453.56250 pl 110.9
town of conventry 453.56250 pl 186.2

recheck your frequency, the above i looked up for connecticut in the database

GKENY044

whoops that was a typo on my end. I have the correct frequency and pl entered. What ever is going on is new i've monitored east haven fire for years.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
i lived there for a couple of years, maybe the airport ? i dont know of anything else. just thinking
maybe some thing with a m.d.t police? e.m.s ? sorry i couldnt help you more?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I've been getting what sounds like data bursts on East Haven Fire Channel 1 453.5626 even with the pl locked at 203.5 switching it over to LTR is showing nothing for information. Any ideas or information? It's driving me nuts listening to a key up every few seconds.

Down in Long Island, there were a few trunking and paging systems that were reaking havoc with the UHF frequencies along CT's shoreline. When I used to work at C-MED we had the same problem over several med channels as someone had been using a trucking system in LI on them. More than likely those bursts are coming form across the sound.

GKENY044

Down in Long Island, there were a few trunking and paging systems that were reaking havoc with the UHF frequencies along CT's shoreline. When I used to work at C-MED we had the same problem over several med channels as someone had been using a trucking system in LI on them. More than likely those bursts are coming form across the sound.

I'm actually thinking that myself izzy. it stopped as aburbtly as it started. But i did notice a lot of LI skips those nights too.

cg

Premium Subscriber
if you have several scanners, it could be interference from the other radio.

chris

GKENY044

if you have several scanners, it could be interference from the other radio.

chris

Definetly not that as a cause. Like i said its stopped so i'm thinking it was some type of skip or who knows maybe something with the airport, im less then 1/4 mile from it. Either way it stopped. Also EHFD has the MDT's from NEXGEN so maybe it had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.