East Kentucky Power Cooperative (EKPC) - DMR VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
"EKPC serves 16 owner-member electric cooperatives in Kentucky. EKPC generates and transmits power to 16 owner-member cooperatives serving 87 Kentucky counties. Each co-op distributes the power to people in their individual service territory."

Recently EKPC has applied for almost all existing VHF trunked licenses to be switched from Analog to DMR emissions only. They operate the following Cooperatives.

Big Sandy RECC
Bluegrass Energy Cooperative
Clark Energy Cooperative
Cumberland Valley Electric
Farmers RECC
Fleming-Mason Energy Cooperative
Grayson RECC
Inter-County Energy
Jackson Energy Cooperative
Licking Valley RECC
Nolin RECC
Owen Electric Cooperative
Salt River Electric Cooperative
Shelby Energy Cooperative
South Kentucky RECC
Taylor County RECC

The type of system is unknown at this time and applications are still pending, I assume that the members who don't have their own radio systems like Owen Electric and Jackson Energy will be using this system primarily along with Administration and Work order Distribution.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
"EKPC serves 16 owner-member electric cooperatives in Kentucky. EKPC generates and transmits power to 16 owner-member cooperatives serving 87 Kentucky counties. Each co-op distributes the power to people in their individual service territory."

Recently EKPC has applied for almost all existing VHF trunked licenses to be switched from Analog to DMR emissions only. They operate the following Cooperatives.

Big Sandy RECC
Bluegrass Energy Cooperative
Clark Energy Cooperative
Cumberland Valley Electric
Farmers RECC
Fleming-Mason Energy Cooperative
Grayson RECC
Inter-County Energy
Jackson Energy Cooperative
Licking Valley RECC
Nolin RECC
Owen Electric Cooperative
Salt River Electric Cooperative
Shelby Energy Cooperative
South Kentucky RECC
Taylor County RECC

The type of system is unknown at this time and applications are still pending, I assume that the members who don't have their own radio systems like Owen Electric and Jackson Energy will be using this system primarily along with Administration and Work order Distribution.

You just had to put this here. Now I need to make a google map of all of the active / pending YG licenses to satisfy my OCD :)

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
Cumberland Valley Electric Coop has already been using DMR with enhanced privacy enabled for a few years. I'll try to grab some info with DSDPlus when I'm back that way.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Cumberland Valley Electric Coop has already been using DMR with enhanced privacy enabled for a few years. I'll try to grab some info with DSDPlus when I'm back that way.
Thanks! Clark Energy is on DMR and is in the clear. I know some companies prefer EP/ARC4 as standard issue for the communications system. Hopefully, EKPC won't do the same.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Here is the updated map: East Kentucky Power Cooperative - Google My Maps
Special Thanks to @mtindor for helping with the layout of the map.

FRN: 0001792803 - EKPC
FRN: 0001794635 - Farmers RECC
FRN: 0005429600 - Jackson Energy Coop

RADIO ICON - Confirmed Tower is Online and Active

This map contains the following,
Eastern Kentucky Power (EKPC) - All Trunked Sites
Farmers RECC - All Trunked Sites
Jackson Energy Co-op - All Sorted Sites (NXDN 4800 Baud)

This map contains those select members using VHF & UHF Trunking. Although this map was originally created for the new VHF DMR System, some members across the region share tower sites.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Anderson County Cutover this morning. Tier 3 DMR system, submitting to the database now.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I took a drive down to the WQMR694 Walton site to see if it was online yet and I was receiving what sounded almost like a beacon transmitting on 151.79 but it was not sending any data, it just sounded like the repeater was keying up for about a second every three to four seconds. I didn't hear anything on the other two frequencies for the site.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
The Network ID is 10. If its giving a burst every 4-4 seconds then its still on analog. The control channel here is a continuous DMR signal.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Renaker (Harrison) is live. All other repeaters are offline which tells me they are in the process of switching the cores.

Region 10, Site 5, CC: 0

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
How sure are the 161.89 and 161.93 frequencies? Could they possibly be 161.8875 and 161.9375?

.8875 and .9375 would be the center of two of the blocks in the WQPN770 and WQQM490 licenses.

The area of use for .8875 would include the WQKD560 and WNTT683 locations so it's possible that either of those could be the source.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Also, 161.8125 area of operation would include the WQRS532 and WQAM571 locations.

161.825 would include WNTT686 and WNTT687.

Status
Not open for further replies.