East Metro Pursuit, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
5/19 10:38 am Aurora CSP veh stopped 40th & Chambers Code 4, 2 subj in-custody no inj SkFox online Live L/U/D.

5/19 10:35 am Aurora CSP pursuit now on 4oth Ave SkyFox overhead

Live Video: http://media.myfoxcolorado.com/live/index2.html

5/19 10:33 am Aurora/CSP Chase u/d veh just hit sticks still WB 70 including CSP

5/19 10:30 am Adams u/d APD now in it stop sticks set up at Tower speed 100 still WB .
5/19 10:26 am Adams u/d asking for stop sticks units from E-470 crash now trying to get set up add Aur 800.

5/19 10:23 am Adams u/d CSP pursuit still WB from the 301 alerting Aurora PD.

5/19 10:20 am Adams/Arapahoe CSP 1A pursuit WB I-70 at MM-308 DTRS, Metro Net NE, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can't believe that dog stood in the bed of the pickup the entire chase.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DATE: 5-19-08
TIME: 5:30 P.M.
LOCATION: I- 70 Westbound lanes at milepost 314 (Arapahoe County)

On 5-19-08 at approximately 10:13 A.M. A Colorado Trooper attempted to stop a motorist for a traffic violation. The driver of the vehicle failed to yield as the officer activated his emergency lights and siren. A pursuit was engaged on the westbound lanes of I-70. The officer was assisted by the Aurora Police Department by successfully deploying the "Stop Sticks" on I-70 at Tower Road. The vehicle continued westbound while it was disabled by the stop sticks. The pursuit continued with the assistance by The Aurora Police Dept. The vehicle exited at Chambers Road and traveled northbound to 40th Street and turned left and traveled westbound to a dead end within the city limits of Aurora, CO. The suspect and male passenger were immediately apprehended.
The passenger was later released after further investigation and the driver has been identified as Richard L. Bell, 50 of Panama City Beach, FL.
Mr. Bell was operating a white 1994 Dodge pick-up truck.

Mr. Bell was transported to the Arapahoe County Jail and has been charged with the following:

DUI
Speeding
Misdemeanor Eluding
Operated an uninsured motor vehicle

No injuries were sustained to Mr. Bell, the officers, or the motoring public.

Troop

hey where's the part about Aurora stop sticking my car better than they did the bad guys? ugggggg!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.