East Mountain monitoring south of Tijeras

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGNM

Anyone live in the East Mountain area south of Tijeras? My brother, now retired, is showing some interest in getting a scanner to mess around with. He is off of South 14 (337) near Yrisarri. I know there are a couple of amateur radio repeaters serving the area. Are the Sheriff and Fire frequencies in the clear or are they all provoice like Abq.? What about Forest Service stuff. Anything active in that area? Thanks in advance. Any other information would be appreciated.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
ABQ Bernalillo county system always a good choice. Also the state of NM 700 P25 trunking system is good choice. The state system is hybrid system running both TDMA and PHASE I so need a scanner that will do TDMA. Will be worth it long run. US Forest Service Rangers are on the state system. The USFS VHF mostly boring unless a fire. There are a few NXDN trunking systems on Cedro and Capilla peak. VHF you have Santa Fe County, Torrance County, and Valencia County you should be able to hear. That's about all that I can think of. GRMS repeaters are around also work good lots of people to chat with much like the HAM. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.