East Palestine Ohio PD frequency? train derailment

Lbz7

sds200, sds100, bdc536hp, sdr, got a few.
Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have the correct frequency for East Palestine PD. I have 151.265.. I can hear the fire department on their frequency but no luck on the PD.? Thanks I was trying to listen to the train derailment..

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
the information in the RRDB shows the E. Palestine PD on 151.265 and the FD on 154.150 or 155.115 or 159.1425! The database here is your friend. and usually up to date! Have you updated the DB in your scanners lately?
BTW...nice up to date scanners! Color me envious....

Last edited:

Lbz7

Premium Subscriber
the information in the RRDB shows the E. Palestine PD on 151.265 and the FD on 154.150 or 155.115 or 159.1425! The database here is your friend. and usually up to date! Have you updated the DB in your scanners lately?
[Yes my database is up to date.. I am about 20 mi away from East Palestine. I can hear the fire department on 159.1425.. but not the PD.. thanks for the information.. I was listening to it the night of the train derailment.. was trying to monitor the PD tonight..

Nasby

I’d suspect they are on MARCS but not yet in the DB. Maybe put one of your digital scanners on ID search?
And don’t forget about the statewide mutual aid Marcs TGs. I’d bet they are active.
NS Railroad is on 161.070.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

The freqs listed in the database are analog freqs, not a system that would change over time, thus shouldn't need to be updated. The OP said he had the correct frequency in the database and wasn't hearing anything. Sometimes reading the posts before giving stock responses might help.

Does anybody have the correct frequency for East Palestine PD. I have 151.265.. I can hear the fire department on their frequency but no luck on the PD.? Thanks I was trying to listen to the train derailment..

My suggestion, since I'm not in the area, is look at Broadcastify and see if certain feeds in the area have heavy listener numbers to help you find what they are using.

Lbz7

Premium Subscriber
I’d suspect they are on MARCS but not yet in the DB. Maybe put one of your digital scanners on ID search?
And don’t forget about the statewide mutual aid Marcs TGs. I’d bet they are active.
NS Railroad is on 161.070.
That could be a possibility.. there was some on our local fire ops on the columbiana county MARCS p25. The night of derailment.. might have to do an ID search on the p25 system. With my SDS 100.. this just seems odd that I can hear the fire department.. and not the PD you figure the PD would have a little bit more megawatts power for the antenna.. if I find anything out I will post. Once again thanks for the info.

kf8yk

you figure the PD would have a little bit more megawatts power for the antenna.

Looks like the opposite, EPPD is 36 watts at 1079' AMSL, -29' HAAT (yes, negative) the FD is 90 watts at 1288' AMSL, 167' HAAT. The FD repeater is also closer to your location.

Lbz7

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the opposite, EPPD is 36 watts at 1079' AMSL, -29' HAAT (yes, negative) the FD is 90 watts at 1288' AMSL, 167' HAAT. The FD repeater is also closer to your location.
I guess that explains why I can't hear them.. thank you so much for helping me out..

Guccisock5

Feed Provider
Does the Darke county feed get the comms you're looking for? Sounds like quite the mess down there.

Lbz7

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up on the train derailment in East Palestine they are evacuating a 1 mi radius again tonight.. just got alert on my phone..

Guccisock5

Feed Provider
Just a heads up on the train derailment in East Palestine they are evacuating a 1 mi radius again tonight.. just got alert on my phone..
Lol dang, my initial google search was a failure. Is there a feed that covers this? Link?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Lol dang, my initial google search was a failure. Is there a feed that covers this? Link?

There are several feeds listed under Columbiana County, Ohio which can be found through a simple search of Broadcastify.

The one listed specifically for county public safety (including E Pal) is down. The only other one which might be of some interest is the Sheriff but with only 46 listeners at this moment I suspect they have moved their operations to a tac channel, which cannot be streamed.

Lbz7

Premium Subscriber
Do you know what agency that is? I can get my SDS 100 and 200 to hit off Lisbon Tower East Liverpool Tower in Jefferson county Tower. On the p25 system. Earlier this morning highway State patrol that's working East Palestine crash site switched over to their tactical channel which is encrypted.. I just got home I will be monitoring here in a few.. I heard a little bit of traffic on the state mutual aid p25 channel this morning. They are going door to door.. and clearing every house . If they don't leave they will be arrested..

Lbz7

Premium Subscriber
Taking a repeater kit to the school.
Yep I heard that too.. starting to be a quagmire out there I feel bad for everybody who lives out that way.