East Volusia County

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Eye2000

Feed Provider
Looking for info on why there is NO police broadcast for East Volusia County? or anything but Fire, I was looking to start broadcasting myself but wish to get any input as to what and who would be interested in me doing so, I also wonder if there was a legal reason there are no more POLICE broadcast in Volusia County,, Drop me a message if you people out there are interested,,, I just wish to make sure it warrants a 24/7 feed,, I am more interested in a like 8 AM to MIDNIGHT FEED.. just need to see if that would be approved..

Thanks, John

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I stopped providing a live feed because I don't want to encourage any of the local agencies (specifically DBPD) to encrypt. About half of my average listeners used cell phones and those are the ones I was concerned about. Unfortunately RR does not let you disable the API that allows phone apps to plug into their audio feeds.

Time and again when agencies encrypt they name mobile phone usage of scanner apps as the reason. I decided to stop being a potential catalyst for that and I'd encourage you to do the same.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
A couple of things. Please do not hijack other members threads with your own post. Also, please do not cross post. One thread of your own, in one forum, is plenty. Thanks :)

shadcall

Looking for info on why there is NO police broadcast for East Volusia County? or anything but Fire, I was looking to start broadcasting myself but wish to get any input as to what and who would be interested in me doing so, I also wonder if there was a legal reason there are no more POLICE broadcast in Volusia County,, Drop me a message if you people out there are interested,,, I just wish to make sure it warrants a 24/7 feed,, I am more interested in a like 8 AM to MIDNIGHT FEED.. just need to see if that would be approved..

Thanks, John

I think there is an interest. I know one person on the forums indicated that he/she was disabled and on a fixed income and could not buy a scanner and so he/she said they really enjoy and miss the feed. I'm sure there will be listeners even if you only broadcast it from 8 am to midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.