East -vs- West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlmr

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Yes, it's true. Here's the proof: Topaz Regional Wireless Cooperative - check out the meetings page for all the 411.

Talkgroups themselves haven't changed. You'll just note that any Phoenix talkgroups that used to work on TRWC no longer do, and vice versa.

Great use of our tax dollars, isn't it? The good news is, thanks to this, RWC Simulcast C will be built out into Chandler now, resulting in (hopefully) better reception of Phoenix stuff for those of us who live in Chandler. I may have actually stumbled upon the future sweet spot in the Valley to pick up both systems. Time will tell I guess....

What I can't seem to find is a timeline for the Chandler transition to RWC. Been looking everywhere. Anyone got any guesstimates?

-AZ

AZScanner

Bump.

Come on, someone HAS to know SOMETHING. How soon before Chandler goes on the RWC (even tentatively)? Since I host the Chandler PD feed here, it would really be helpful to know as far ahead of time as possible in case I need to upgrade my equipment in order to continue to host the feed. I've googled until my googler is sore and I can't seem to find a timeline or even some recent meeting minutes that mention this anywhere.

-AZ

InlandAZ

Hey AZScanner - I've listened to your feed from time to time, I'm in Chandler as well (Rural and Chandler Blvd area). You frequently have a transmission I never hear on my setup, would you mind posting your CC's and TGID's for that feed?

Also, do you still hear Tempe and Mesa well? For the most part mine are near dead to them (although I do hear Tempe South well).

Astrak

Ok, just monitoring with PRO96COM today and am noticing TRWC has a new system ID of 36B which should be changed in the DB since PRO96COM won't import anything from it. Also Thompson peak IR appears to no longer be affiliated with Phoenix RWC and is linked to TRWC and is being used by encrypted Mesa PD talkgroups.

Thompson Peak: Sys ID=36B NAC=36B WACN=BEE00
Mesa TRWC: Sys ID=36B NAC=360 WACN=BEE00
Unknown Simulcast: Sys ID=36B NAC=360 WACN=BEE00

The unknown simulcast is not in the DB(that I could find) the control channel 774.64735. Per FCC info it is a City of Mesa owned tower on White tanks.

Also today White tanks connection to the rest of Phoenix simulcasts is down, hence a lot of Phoenix PD radio's out west are stuck in site trunking mode.

Last edited:

Astrak

Ok, just monitoring with PRO96COM today and am noticing TRWC has a new system ID of 36B which should be changed in the DB since PRO96COM won't import anything from it. Also Thompson peak IR appears to no longer be affiliated with Phoenix RWC and is linked to TRWC and is being used by encrypted Mesa PD talkgroups.

Thompson Peak: Sys ID=36B NAC=36B WACN=BEE00
Mesa TRWC: Sys ID=36B NAC=360 WACN=BEE00
Unknown Simulcast: Sys ID=36B NAC=360 WACN=BEE00

The unknown simulcast is not in the DB(that I could find) the control channel 774.64735. Per FCC info it is a City of Mesa owned tower on White tanks.

Also today White tanks connection to the rest of Phoenix simulcasts is down, hence a lot of Phoenix PD radio's out west are stuck in site trunking mode.

Correction on the Thompson peak NAC it should be 36A

AZScanner

Hey AZScanner - I've listened to your feed from time to time, I'm in Chandler as well (Rural and Chandler Blvd area). You frequently have a transmission I never hear on my setup, would you mind posting your CC's and TGID's for that feed?

Also, do you still hear Tempe and Mesa well? For the most part mine are near dead to them (although I do hear Tempe South well).

I do stream more than just Chandler, so that might be what you're hearing. I run MCSO, Scottsdale,DPS East and sometimes even Mesa/Gilbert if I catch wind of something interesting going on over there. I run alpha tags on the feed, so give it a listen using Winamp and that might help narrow down what you're hearing. All the CC's and talkgroups I monitor I got from the database here RR.

-AZ

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello All,

I am working on reviving the old TOPAZ TRS system in our DB area. I'll let you know as soon as it up, so those of you who need to update your radios via the website download functionality can do so.

Please continue to update with the changes between the TOPAZ and RWC systems. If you submit something here, can you copy and paste the database related information into the submission format too, please? This will help us keep track of the historical changes made to the TOPAZ and RWC systems.

Until the TOPAZ TRS is resurrected, please watch the threads on this subject.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far,

Status
Not open for further replies.