East Windsor Fire Conventional Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if the East Windsor FDs (Warehouse Point and Broad Brook) have a conventional frequency that is patched to the LTR system. How do departments like Windsor Locks and Enfield communicate with them if they do not have LTR radios, is there a conventional frequency of some sort?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
It is my understnading that if mutual aid comes from TN agencies they will use the simplex TN TAC channels if they don't have LTR radios. In the past I have heard Enfied FD talk on the LTR system.

MarkB513

FYI, the fourth or last frequency (460.275) within the group of frequencies for their LTR system generally seems to carry most of the conversations, so it must be the first one it hits. During the I-91 incident yesterday I programmed it in while at work in Bloomfield and was hearing both ends of the FD, PD and EMS's conversations 90 percent of the time.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
If my memory serves me correctly, they (LTR systems) used to refer to that as the "home" channel. All traffic was carried on that frequency, but the expanded out to other frequencies as traffic increased.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
If my memory serves me correctly, they (LTR systems) used to refer to that as the "home" channel. All traffic was carried on that frequency, but the expanded out to other frequencies as traffic increased.
I recall reading that the “home” channel is determined by the TG. In the case of East Windsor All the TGs follow the 1-04-xxx Format, and the 04 determines that the fourth channel in the LCN is the “home” or starting channel.

I believe it is possible to use different “home” channels for different TGs, i.e. Police could be 1-01-xxx, fire 1-04-xxx, etc. However, most of the LTR systems I have listened to in this area seem Do you use the same home channel for all talk groups.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have seen towns that have public safety on it use one Home Channel for the PS users and one for everybody else. Others use the same Home Channel for everybody.
Not sure if separating them had anything to do with trying to spread out repeater usage or to minimize channel changing. Probably one of the oldest trunking protocols (1970s).

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
How or what frequency are they toned out on? TN's low band?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
How or what frequency are they toned out on? TN's low band?
TN no longer uses 33.80 for tones. They are using 153.125 for tones. I know EW is dipsatched on their LTR system, not sure if that is a patch from a conventional channel or from the TN console.

Edit: I just looked at the ULS and TN has a 153.125 transmitter at the EW town hall, so they may be using that freq for dispatch also.

MarkB513

I monitor TN from work in Bloomfield with Vernon's simulcast on 155.2275 (179.9). It has incredible coverage. I can actually still monitor it in my car at home in Cheshire. I do hear Broad Brook and Warehouse Point dispatched on it. I find the 153.125 to be difficult to monitor because it appears they switch towers within the county.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I monitor TN from work in Bloomfield with Vernon's simulcast on 155.2275 (179.9). It has incredible coverage.
I concur with this. Except for the most "deadband" conditions. (Think middle of winter), I can hear this at my house in Taunton, MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.