EastCom (Will County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty277

Did anyone else just hear EastCom taking over S Chicago Heights and Steger PDs?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im not hearing Eastcom simulcasted on T113-Starcom TG3415 anymore, im hearing So.Ch Hts and Stegar "ENC" yet on T113-Starcom and simulcasted on Will Co Edacs on TG04-041,.....U really have to pay close attention to who's where now in scanning!!!!....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On T113-Starcom So. Ch Hts and Stegar use TG2576....."ENC"....Anyone with a digital scanner and can hear Starcom T113 can compare the signals when active....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
All of Eastcom dispatch now being simulcasted on T102-So.Ch Hts "ENC" on Starcom, and in the open on Will Co EDACS on TG05-041....Wonder what the result of this will be, either they will all move "ENC" to Starcom (this is what I think) and leave Will Co Edacs system or all will stay with WCo....Some voices sound muffled on EDACS on ECom because of digital , "tech" just told them to turn down there audio as its causing this.....

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
All of Eastcom dispatch now being simulcasted on T102-So.Ch Hts "ENC" on Starcom, and in the open on Will Co EDACS on TG05-041....Wonder what the result of this will be, either they will all move "ENC" to Starcom (this is what I think) and leave Will Co Edacs system or all will stay with WCo....Some voices sound muffled on EDACS on ECom because of digital , "tech" just told them to turn down there audio as its causing this.....

South Heights sounds distorted. Steger audio is clear.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Eastcom is on the Will Co EDACS Trunk system which is in this web site Will Co Forum and list of freqys and TG's.....

Supersmt

Premium Subscriber
I thought I was imagining things when I heard the Steger calls on Eastcom earlier today. I thought maybe they were having trouble with Starcom and the EDACS was their backup.

Anybody know WHY this is happening and is it a permanent change?
(yes, I know nothing is permanent)

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
EASTCOM agreed to take on the villages of Steger and South Heights Police and Fire dispatching starting today. Good to hear Steger and S Heights free and clear again even if it's for a short time.

mike6208

Since I'm still new to the forum the pm function won't work for me. I'm recently getting back into the art of scanning and radio programming, have a couple of questions if anyone is willing to spare their brain. Email me at mike6208@gmail.com

Thanks all

Supersmt

Premium Subscriber
EASTCOM agreed to take on the villages of Steger and South Heights Police and Fire dispatching starting today. Good to hear Steger and S Heights free and clear again even if it's for a short time.

Yep, great to hear them.

>>even if it's for a short time

Do you know something on this?

Just dreading the day they decide to all go ENC and have it go dead silent out here.

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
Yep, great to hear them.

>>even if it's for a short time

Do you know something on this?

Just dreading the day they decide to all go ENC and have it go dead silent out here.

Purely speculation. Why would they invest in the technology and not use it?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The "RID's" for all towns are set in stone but, the "RID's" for Stegar-So.Ch HTS and Richton PK are all simulcasted thru Starcom and are the same as the dispatcher-16002......I did hear R-PK also, these towns are either gonna stay with WCo or move to SC, we need some inside info!!!!...

Supersmt

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like EastCom gets a little frustrated trying to hear Steger units sometimes. The digital decoding doesn't sound very clean. But that is an issue with whatever radio is receiving Starcom and is patched to EDACS correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.