Eastern Jefferson County fire Department merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

msradell

Effective July 1 Middletown, Anchorage, Eastwood, Worthington and Harrods Creek fire departments merged and will be providing fire and EMS services to the Eastern/northeastern part of Jefferson County. All equipment is now running with a 99## designation and they have 2 battalion chiefs battalion 11 and Battalion 12 for the district.

Does anybody have the rundown of which piece of equipment is what number and what number is each station in the merged district? I've been able to figure out a few of them but not the majority. Thanks for the help!

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I also wonder how that will affect their talk groups on the MetroSafe system. Currently they have 5 tactical channels between the 5 'old' departments as each had their own tac channel.

msradell

I'm also hoping that they update the Website(s) with more information. The Anchorage/Middletown website was updated last fall. At that time they on the 4 stations, now they have 11 stations with a corresponding increase in the amount of equipment. I keep hoping that someone in 1 of the departments reads this and will provide us the information.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I doubt there would be a big desire to do that. It would require changing the entire Fleetmap of the system to eliminate the tac talkgroups for the former fire departments. There are multiple templates for each district, so an awful lot of work would be needed for very little, if any, gain.

Then there are probably 1,200 or so, subscriber units to re-program. While there is over the air reprogramming capabilities, I've see that done at least once before. Being sure that all 1,200 radios are turned on at a specific time was a challenge.

I do not know how the fleetmap has changed, if it has, with the additional of Oldham County and the impending addition of Bullitt County. Hopefully Departments likely to go into adjacent counties will have their radios re-programmed to seamlessly work for those mutual aid situations that come up almost daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.