Eastern Suffolk County

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

I'm attending a baseball umpire's clinic in Brookhaven in August. I will be taking the New London to Orient Point ferry.

I've been looking at the Suffolk County Police for the first time in my life.
It seems as though (according to their webpage) that their Precinct 7 ends with a lot of Long Island left.
Does the State Police patrol Suffolk County east to the end, or am I missing something?

Thank you

Dic
N1XBA

archduke

Premium Subscriber
The Towns of Riverhead, Southold, Shelter Island, Southampton, East Hampton as well as several Villages within those towns all have their own Police Depts. (Mostly VHF, but East Hampton is Trunked). The State Police also is authorized to patrol on Eastern LI as well.

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
Orient Point west to the Riverhead Town line would be Southold Town PD 155.850 MHz PL 192.8.

Riverhead Town line to Brookhaven Town line would be Riverhead Town PD on the Suffolk County PD 800 system, TG's 1648 for dispatch and 1680 for car to car.

Brookhaven Town immediately west of Riverhead Town is the Suffolk County 7th Precinct on the Suffolk PD 800 system TG 59376.

Other parts of Brookhaven Town west and north are covered by the Suffolk County PD 6th Precinct TG 57776 and west and south by the Suffolk County PD 5th Precinct TG 56176.

The Long Island Expressway west of the Riverhead Town line would be Suffolk County PD Highway Patrol on the Suffolk County PD 800 system TG 60848.

Status
Not open for further replies.