Eastman,Ga RAN assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipb

Can any one help..iam trying to find the RAN for my county..Eastman,Ga. 31023..when I hold on there channel and when they talk it sound like talking under water..any help?I've been trying for 6 month's now and no luck..i am using a 669p2..ive done the NXDN upgrade already..Thanks!!!

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to monitor without a RAN. Sounding underwater is just the nature of NXDN from my experience. I monitor Ben Hill County with a NX-5700 mobile from Tift County and their audio quality is terrible. If you’d like to find the RAN though your best bet is to use a program like DSD Plus. It’s a little tricky but there’s tons of info out there on how to use it and plenty of YouTube videos that make it easy.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I can help you, but you're not going to like the answer.

Same vendor that sold / setup Bleckley county, setup Dodge county. And in doing so, arbitrarily applied encryption to everything digital.

Fire page-out was analog last time I went thru there, and I saw the RAN codes (Don't remember what it was, no reason to log it since I couldn't hear them anyway)

Good luck

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Heartland EMS in Bleckley as far as I know isn't from what I received the other morning. I submitted the change to RR that day.

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to comment, I couldn't get it in before you edited your response, but yes, the county government NXDN systems in Bleckley and Dodge counties are in fact encrypted.

Heartland EMS is a private ambulance service.

blhamlin

I live in Ben Hill County and have had no problems monitoring their NXDN comms. From what I've noticed NXDN usually provides nice clear voice. We've got other counties in the area that use DMR. Personally I think NXDN sounds a little clearer overall. I use both a 536 and an SDS200. They work well. But on occasion it can come in a bit garbled. But I think that's a common issue with most digital modes in certain situations.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ben Hill county's NXDN system wasn't furnished by the same company to the East, that sets up Enc by default.

NXDN systems can sound great, or poor, just like DMR. All depends on how it is set up, and what kind of equipment they use.

Biggest detriment is dispatchers that want to use a $15 headset on a $80K system

blhamlin

Good point. I guess my only real complaint with the Ben Hill system is that the dispatchers often sound much louder. But I certainly appreciate the fact that I am able to listen to what is happening in our county at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.