Easy Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXscannernut

Just purchased a HP laptop to run Sentinel software. When I try to load "setup_BCDx36HP", I get a message saying "For security and performance, Windows 10 in S mode runs Microsoft-Verified apps". SAY WHAT!!

I'm an apple guy. Please help with this issue..
Thanks,
John

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
That is a new version of Windows 10 and will only run apps approved by the Windows app store. You can change to the regular version of Windows 10 but it will take a complete reload of the Windows 10 software. S mode is a security mode for computers used by people that don't understand or want to follow good security practices.

W8WCA

Just purchased a HP laptop to run Sentinel software. When I try to load "setup_BCDx36HP", I get a message saying "For security and performance, Windows 10 in S mode runs Microsoft-Verified apps". SAY WHAT!!

I'm an apple guy. Please help with this issue..
Thanks,
John
There is a way to get out of S (tablet) mode. I will try to find it and post

What model is your hp full model number

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
S is not a tablet mode. It is to prevent installing any software that has not passed the Microsoft security verification.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Thank you,
That got me through the S mode. Now its flagging, "this setup requires the .NET Framework version 2.0"

Open the Control Panel and select "Program and Features". When it comes up click on the "Turn Windows Features on or off' (upper left).

Look for ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" and select it. Click on "OK". Your PC will download and install the correct version.

That's the supported method of installing it.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
hat is a new version of Windows 10 and will only run apps approved by the Windows app store. You can change to the regular version of Windows 10 but it will take a complete reload of the Windows 10 software.

I have not had the privilege of running into S mode, but, if the op just got the laptop to run Uniden software, and got stuck with that version, can't he just switch out of S mode?

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
Applies to: Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.
  • On your PC running Windows 10 in S mode, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
  • In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)
  • On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

TXscannernut

Thanks to all for your help. Got the app on the laptop. Now I'm going to be searching on YouTube to help to load and navigate my channels from the SDS100 scanner for my area. Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.