Easy Voice Comms Listening - 450 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MineralMan

For background voice listening with my SDR dongle, I often use the 450-454 MHz band to find business radio comms. Particularly active are courier services in major metro areas, delivering stuff here and there. The interactions between drivers and their dispatchers, shop folks, etc. are interesting, and make a good background if you're doing something else.

Watch for strong NFM signals in this band, which also is full of pager signals and other communications. If you live in a major metro area, you'll likely find several frequencies popping up frequently. These range from trash pickup trucks to courier services in most markets.

I have a couple of very active frequencies stored in my Frequency Manager list, and often have one or the other on in the background while I do other work.

brettbolt

For business radio, check out around 467 MHz. In my area, 467.85 is very active. (I think its the default frequency for some popular business radios).

And, like you, I also like to listen to it as background sound while doing something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.