Eau Claire/Chippewa Regions Media Communications Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

allpointsbulletin

Premium Subscriber
Good Evening All,

Does anyone know if the media outlets (i.e. FOX news, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) which service Eau Claire and/or Chippewa regions use radio systems to communicate/coordinate getting news crews to breaking stores or events? I haven't been able to locate anything in RR.

Thanks,

Allpointsbulletin

whop94

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to guess a lot of communication is done over cell phones these days, very seldom see any radio equipment carried by news crews these days and at least a few years ago when I did some snooping for FCC licenses at least in the Madison area I was unable to find anything substantial.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
It's more a matter of technology advancing than anything else. Radios were "the" plan back when things like cell phones or bonded cellular data didn't exist. Now, it's mostly obsolete. The Milwaukee market still has one station with IFB audio on it during newscasts, but that's about it...not like the heady days of two-way when the airwaves lit up anytime there was a story or during news windows.

Mattnik

Database Admin
It's more a matter of technology advancing than anything else. Radios were "the" plan back when things like cell phones or bonded cellular data didn't exist. Now, it's mostly obsolete. The Milwaukee market still has one station with IFB audio on it during newscasts, but that's about it...not like the heady days of two-way when the airwaves lit up anytime there was a story or during news windows.

Indy had an IFB on UHF back in the days. I really miss those times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.