EBS in San Luis Obsipo County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
It's rare, but they do activate EAS occasionally. I've heard Amber Alerts come over KVEC via EAS, but it's been years. One of the Wx alerts this past week included a funnel cloud/waterspout warning. Good times.

cousinkix1953

KMJ activated AES during last week's heavy storms for a tornado alert on Wednesday afternoon.

Our Comcast cable system is notorious, for similiar reports located hundreds of miles away north of San Francsco, which means little to paying customers in the Monterey Bay Area. The scanner is more likely to tell me what I should know...

karldotcom

I remember the time the guy in Oxnard sent out the Radiological Hazard warning out over NOAA....my CCRADIO cranked off right as I woke up that morning....I was like...huh? what blew up? where?

They fired the guy...not sure if it was a mistake or joke.

As for the EAS system....there were a lot sent out last week when those red cells appeared on the WX radars...so I could see if the entire services area gets warned for something in one district.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr/ your district and all it covers.

and one more edit....I thought the NWS forecasts for last week were very accurate..and gave a lot of advance warning...even if the rainfall amounts were somewhat less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.