• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Echolink

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is interested I will have my echolink up and running today for a few hours. I can support 4 users with no problems, I think. Please feel free to connect.

N

N_Jay

KC8JPZ said:
If anyone is interested I will have my echolink up and running today for a few hours. I can support 4 users with no problems, I think. Please feel free to connect.

Free for Hams, I think!

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Well maybe later this evening we can do an informal net for who ever is interested. I can not operate this afternoon from my station/ childs playroom/ my bedroom. Apartments blow. Anyhow, I'd say around 9PM eastern is when I'll be on. Yes N Jay, it is free for hams. I don't know how to start an IRC chat room or simmilar. I'm not intending to leave the non ham people out. I would be glad to maybe set someting else up that everyone can use.. Perhaps a teamspeak server? I will look into it.

W8OSP

jim if ya wanna use mine thats fine also, i should be able to hold many more for echolink.
I will jump on here in alittle bit.

Al42

KC8JPZ said:
I don't know how to start an IRC chat room
Download an IRC client (www.mirc.co.uk, for one), connect to a server (there's a list of networks and the servers on each), type /list to get a list of channels and /join #<channelname> to join a channel, or a name that's not in use to create one.

Pretty simple, actually - takes longer to tell about it than to do it.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
lol, Thanks Al42. Now that you mention it I remember trying to join a room and mistyped it and started a new room.. Sorry I'm a bit slow sometimes.

Thanks again.

anyone up for IRC tonight?

Server- irc.zerofuzion.net
Room #RadioReference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.