Echolink

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is interested I will have my echolink up and running today for a few hours. I can support 4 users with no problems, I think. Please feel free to connect.

N

N_Jay

KC8JPZ said:
If anyone is interested I will have my echolink up and running today for a few hours. I can support 4 users with no problems, I think. Please feel free to connect.

Free for Hams, I think!

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Well maybe later this evening we can do an informal net for who ever is interested. I can not operate this afternoon from my station/ childs playroom/ my bedroom. Apartments blow. Anyhow, I'd say around 9PM eastern is when I'll be on. Yes N Jay, it is free for hams. I don't know how to start an IRC chat room or simmilar. I'm not intending to leave the non ham people out. I would be glad to maybe set someting else up that everyone can use.. Perhaps a teamspeak server? I will look into it.

W8OSP

jim if ya wanna use mine thats fine also, i should be able to hold many more for echolink.
I will jump on here in alittle bit.

Al42

KC8JPZ said:
I don't know how to start an IRC chat room
Download an IRC client (www.mirc.co.uk, for one), connect to a server (there's a list of networks and the servers on each), type /list to get a list of channels and /join #<channelname> to join a channel, or a name that's not in use to create one.

Pretty simple, actually - takes longer to tell about it than to do it.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
lol, Thanks Al42. Now that you mention it I remember trying to join a room and mistyped it and started a new room.. Sorry I'm a bit slow sometimes.

Thanks again.

anyone up for IRC tonight?

Server- irc.zerofuzion.net
Room #RadioReference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.