ECU Police on VIPER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG3K

Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA, Earth, Milky Way
While in Greenville today, I monitored for ECU Police on 52594 but didn't receive anything. I did pick up something that sounded like them on my wildcard *but* it was recording so I lost all of that information. Perhaps someone in the area could take a listen and try to find them. Not sure why they would have moved... Twelve years ago they had two TGs on VIPER and two on the hospital TRS. Now I'm not sure where they are. I did see one of the officers on foot patrol today carrying what looked like one of the radios I purchased many moons ago so I'd assume they are still on VIPER.

cmswinnjr

Premium Subscriber
I hear traffic on the VIPER TG for ECU PD. It’s on the Greenville tower. Don’t have the new VMC in my scanner but they are definitely being dispatched on VIPER. With the mutual aid with GPD and PCSO, I doubt they would move to PC’s TRS or VMC’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WG3K

Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I hear traffic on the VIPER TG for ECU PD. It’s on the Greenville tower. Don’t have the new VMC in my scanner but they are definitely being dispatched on VIPER. With the mutual aid with GPD and PCSO, I doubt they would move to PC’s TRS or VMC’s.

The original reasoning for using the hospital's TRS was to support west campus operations. Brody has a BDA installed that worked with the old TRS. This provided in-building coverage as well as portable coverage to the surrounding west campus property. They also had mutual aid with PCMH Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.