EDA 2100 amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Is there a use for this amp in the radio world? I cant think of a situation in which I would need +15 db (well, maybe if I had 500 ft of REALLY bad coax that ran to a bad antenna). I picked this amp up at work before someone threw it away, as far as I know it still works fine. Did I just safe a paperweight?

Techy

I live in a rural area of Long Island, NY and this amp has helped me alot. I have it mounted near the antenna and it has helped clear up the signals from my counties trunked system. Let's say a big difference. Hang on to it or maybe sell on eBay if you have an account.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Here's the specs: http://www.electroline.com/fact_sheets/eda/950-0014_New_EDA-2000_fact_sheet.pdf

Not good for low band. Noise figure is 3 db, probably maybe kinda sorta better than your scanner, so it might actually help if you install it right at the antenna. No IP3 spec listed, so who knows what the overload rating is going to be. It lists group delay, but you don't care about that.

Don't throw it away. I say try it. If it helps, great! If not, THEN you can throw it away.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
EDA 2100

I agree try it first. The Electroline amps are good if you pay attention to the specs. I really like the 8 port model with 4.5db gain per port, I also have a 0db gain model. Scanners don't like too much gain especially in a city or rf crowded area.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info zz0468, dont know why I didn't look for the pdf before.

I have an airbase 50 ish miles south of me and an air base 40 miles north of me so I might put this thing to use boosting those signals once I get my tower set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.