EDACS and LCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does LCN matter for an EDACS system?

I have West Orange programmed lowest frequency to highest and I receive them fine. I had Verona programmed the same way and I didn't hear anything.

I have now programmed them acording to the DB and I still don't get anything. Am I doing anything wrong or are they just really quiet?

Thanks,

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes, LCN is absolutely critical to the proper tracking of an EDACS system (almost the lifeblood for a scanner user).

Don't be too concerned about Verona - On multiple occasions I've had a chance to pick up the system & not hear diddly... :D

SCPD

QRT
Even during the day it's silence. They had a pursuit some through their town yesterday and they were notified and I didn't hear squat.

fyrfyter10

Verona relies HEAVILY on mdt's. only very routine traffic is passed via voice. try to listen for the fire dept paging test at 6pm (or around 6) see if you can pick it up.What scanner are you using ? The LCN in the DB is correct as I am listening now.

SCPD

QRT
Verona gets all their calls over the air. the MDT is only used for sending over private data. im able to pick them up all the time, although i am close to verona, i shouldent talk. but they are pretty frequent on the rado

SCPD

QRT
from what i know only the PD has, MDT's all of their comms are handled over the air. the MDT's are mainly used for accessing the CAD, or sending private data to the dispatch center from what it sounds like. verona is usually quiet at night, but during the day they can be heard. just today the VFD had a fire, and all TGs on the system were going.

SCPD

QRT
I am hearing them. It doesn't seem to matter what order I program the frequencies, even though they are not too active, I am hearing them sporadially.

xpawel15x

Verona is EDACS narrowband so my Pro-97 can't program this type, is there any way to still program in Verona? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
you can still program in the freqs, but you will hear every TG on that system. i can speak from experience since i used to have a pro 83 before my 396d, every time something good would get going, DPW would come over with something worthless, and you would miss it. it will work, but not the most efficient way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.