EDACS Interop Links on DPS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
Anyone notice that Santa Fe is now being simulcast on the DPS 800 system (TG=51952)? This is the only one of the interop links that is active.

I also noticed the VHF link (159.03 MHz) was active for a very short while after the simulcast started, but now the repeater is completely off-line.

The VHF link for Hefner (158.97 MHz) is still up as of this morning, although it has SERIOUS issues with intermod or some type of multipath interference, and in some cases it sounds like the input frequency isn't quite making it into the repeater.

The VHF links for Springlake (159.09 MHz) and Will Rogers (158.79 MHz) seemed to still be active yesterday, but you have to be almost on top of the NW 50th & Portland water tower to hear it. I can't remember how many weeks ago this was, but it was a Thursday afternoon/evening when we had some storms move through, that all the repeaters for 158.79 MHz and 159.09 MHz went completely off-line. I haven't had a chance to travel over by the water tower to see if those repeaters are still up.

Anyone else have observations?

woodyrr

I heard the Santa Fe link as I was driving home from Norman about 9:30 last night. I saw Will Rogers (52464) just a few moments ago, but haven't heard any more for a while.

Observation: Some voices are just not made for public safety digital.

fast2okc

Database Admin
OKC PD Santa Fe

The link from OKCPD Santa Fe Division to the State System was inititated by Norman. Since they border on the Santa Fe division, they needed a way to communicate with OKC PD without patching. This link is through site 40, but it has also been continuous on site 8. I don't know if that will continue.

It is interesting that Will Rogers Division showed up on the state system the following day. This link Is through the Oklahoma City system links.

It's gonna make the system a lot busier.

--fast2okc

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
The link from OKCPD Santa Fe Division to the State System was inititated by Norman. Since they border on the Santa Fe division, they needed a way to communicate with OKC PD without patching. This link is through site 40, but it has also been continuous on site 8. I don't know if that will continue.

It is interesting that Will Rogers Division showed up on the state system the following day. This link Is through the Oklahoma City system links.

It's gonna make the system a lot busier.

--fast2okc

Thanks for this! I was wondering about the how, why and who. It was curious to me that someone picked Santa Fe to start with, since the VHF repeater for Santa Fe was the only one left that was decent.

Knowing that Norman started the Santa Fe link, does make you wonder if it will continue on site 8, and if it's just coincidence that Will Rogers started yesterday on site 8.

It makes the most sense to me that someone from Norman brought up the subject of having Santa Fe on site 40, and someone else thought that it may be a decent way of having a trial run on site 8, to get an idea of how much traffic we will be looking at once all the interop talkgroups are turned on.

freqscout

And it sounds soooo good! Though not quite as good as an actual M/A-Com on the system. I am listening to SFE now and it sounds better than the old VHF links.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
Hefner is now being simulcast on the DPS 800 system using the Interop talkgroup of 52976

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Cool! I am hearing all divisions now; Santa Fe, Springlake, Hefner and Will Rogers on DPS. Loads better than their old VHF signals!

Anyone ever pick up traffis on the Bricktown or the Fire link?

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Fire Links

I know the Oklahoma County Fire link on the DPS is being discussed but for now will remain inactive due to funding. To do the hard patch right, it's not cheap.

I wish they'd hard patch FireOps or FDAlert where we could at least monitor it on the DPS...especially when they tend to run to calls in our district. Not because of the guys but because the dispatchers fail to recognize whats in the city and what's not. I know their CAD/GIS system will tell them if they have it set up right because they have the same system as Edmond and I KNOW their's does.

I did patch RMA 2B to FD TAC 4 a few months ago on a HazMat incident and it really worked well....clarity was great. Personally, I couldn't tell the difference.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I know the Oklahoma County Fire link on the DPS is being discussed but for now will remain inactive due to funding. To do the hard patch right, it's not cheap.

I wish they'd hard patch FireOps or FDAlert where we could at least monitor it on the DPS...especially when they tend to run to calls in our district. Not because of the guys but because the dispatchers fail to recognize whats in the city and what's not. I know their CAD/GIS system will tell them if they have it set up right because they have the same system as Edmond and I KNOW their's does.

I did patch RMA 2B to FD TAC 4 a few months ago on a HazMat incident and it really worked well....clarity was great. Personally, I couldn't tell the difference.

I'll donate!! Jest kidding! I heard that link and it was nice to hear what was going on.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
Here's some more info...Santa Fe is the only division that allows 2-way communication. The other three are being repeated on the statewide system, but other agencies can't yet transmit on Hefner, Springlake or Will Rogers. That ability will come over the next 2-4 months, says the City.

We're updating the story tonight at 6:00 PM on News 9. Look for a link to the story later on News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Sports and Video

Status
Not open for further replies.