• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EDACS network

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRomanello

How do I find out the specific sequence for programming EDACS network in my area? I just bought a BCT8ss Trunk III and I'm confused.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
DRomanello said:
How do I find out the specific sequence for programming EDACS network in my area? I just bought a BCT8ss Trunk III and I'm confused.

It is very hard and confusing for a beginner and most advanced users too. If you tell us what system you are wanting to know about, someone here can probably help you. Or you can check the Database here for the system you are wanting to monitor.

ctrabs74

DRomanello said:

1. Check the RR Database for the specific EDACS system you're planning to program.

2. The freqs for EDACS system are listed in Logical Channel Number order (LCN); the freqs for that particular system must be programmed in that specific order (we'll use the Lower Merion Twp., Pa system as an example), ie.:

LCN01 - 460.275
LCN02 - 460.350
LCN03 - 460.450
LCN04 - 460.525

These frequencies must be entered in that specific order, starting with 460.275, then 460.350, 460.450, and 460.525.

3. Review the list of talk-groups associated with that system, and enter them either in AFS format (04-041) or DEC format (545) and continue with each TG until complete.

As far as programming it into your particular scanner, I can't really answer that. Hopefully, this will give you a start on how to program EDACS systems into your scanner.

DRomanello

I’m trying to program the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office of Florida. The scanner instructions state that the input sequence of frequencies are crucial for EDACS. The system frequencies are split up into two groups, east and west. The first time I installed them, I put them in order by how they are listed on the RR database. I was able to listen to a few conversations. The second time put all 30 frequencies in numeric order. This doesn’t work at all. Something just isn’t right. Thanks for your help.

DRomanello

specific sequence for programming EDACS network

DRomanello said:
I’m trying to program the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office of Florida. The scanner instructions state that the input sequence of frequencies are crucial for EDACS. The system frequencies are split up into two groups, east and west. The first time I installed them, I put them in order by how they are listed on the RR database. I was able to listen to a few conversations. The second time put all 30 frequencies in numeric order. This doesn’t work at all. Something just isn’t right. Thanks for your help.

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi D , Put the East site in one bank starting at the first channel in the bank. For the West site , go to the next bank and starting again at the first channel of that bank enter the West freq's. Do not put the LCN's starting at a random location in the bank , it just won't work. Either will "doubling up" two sites in one bank.

give it another go , you have been one patient guy waiting since last month to program this system. I'm sure you will "see the light" and get it figured out soon.

Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.