• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EDACS Programer need help with GRP Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
My question is i noted in a San antonio EDACS Jaguar 700p
there was a (GRP) Botton on a given system like San antonio Fire Fleet
if you hit the (GRP) botton you will get more Talkgroup fleets on given
system i have been putting groups inline Past channel/switch 16 posision
and noted you will not get the groups after the Channel/switch is at 16 Groups
you can still rx scan groups after that but have no way of getting manually to groups
how do you get this Feature to work

SCPD

QRT
If I understand your problem correctly .. you cannot get past 16 talkgroups with your dial on the top of the radio ? To resolve this, assign GRPUP and GRPDN to a couple of buttons on your radio.

SCPD

QRT
ok my bo-bo i programed radio with the talkgroups
and if you have more then 16 talkgroups the (GRP)
botton works like GRP = 1 /. GRP =17 / GRP = 33
under the same edacs site not a real programer feature
just a full face radio feature scan models dont have the option unless
programed by up/down key but you will lose system slection

Last edited:

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
If you assign one of the Menu items to GRP SEL, you can achieve the multiple group banks. Just hit the Menu button, select GRP SEL and then you can up/dn arrow thru the banks. Use the top knob to select groups 1-16 of each bank.

motorolahead

Lower Colorado River Authority

Does anyone have an Orion Codeplug for the LCRA statewide frequencies in Texas? They are a 900 system EDACS and I would like to monitor. Even an 800 EDACS load from the Houston area would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.