Edacs Programing Hell Me Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

educastillo

I need to identify the channels that I must include to follow edacs in 800 Mhz. Could you help me in order to find out what channels I must include and how do I identify them. Thank you!

I have a Radio Shack Pro 95 scanner and I want to listen to the communications in EDACS in 800MHZ. I wish to know if in order to do this I must have all the (CTL) channels and the Voice ones registered in one bank following the LCN order or if it will function entering the channels (CTL) in their respective order.

I would also like to know what other adjustments must be made on the scanner. Thank you

SCPD

QRT
what system.. must enter ALL frequencies in LCN order & each frequency as well as the bank must set to EDACS mode

N8IAA

I need to identify the channels that I must include to follow edacs in 800 Mhz. Could you help me in order to find out what channels I must include and how do I identify them. Thank you!

I have a Radio Shack Pro 95 scanner and I want to listen to the communications in EDACS in 800MHZ. I wish to know if in order to do this I must have all the (CTL) channels and the Voice ones registered in one bank following the LCN order or if it will function entering the channels (CTL) in their respective order.

I would also like to know what other adjustments must be made on the scanner. Thank you

It truly would help if we knew the system you are trying to program. No adjustments to the scanner. It is one of the simpler GRE/RS scanners I have ever owned. You must program the bank for EDACS and the frequencies must be programmed as EDACS also. Yes they have to be in LCN: 01,02,03,etc..
Larry

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Also for programming MOST RS scanners for EDACS, the first LCN MUST, I REPEAT MUST, be in the 01 location of the bank, not the 00 (i.e., programming the EDACS in bank 1, the LCN's must start in 101, not 100) or the system will not properly track.

In the DB, you will see a small number next to each frequency in the EDACAS system. This is the LCN number. They must be in that order to work.

If the system is an EDACS Provoice, your scanner will probably track the system but you will not hear anything as Provoice it the EDACS version of digital, but not P25. No scanner can (or will) scan Provoice that you can understand the audio.

Look in the Wiki for some other help in programming the system. You may also want to search the area you are in for people who have already done this.

DickH

... Yes they have to be in LCN: 01,02,03,etc..
Larry

1,2,3.etc. is NUMERICAL order. The LCN might not be in numerical order. It could be 1,3,7,8,10,14, etc. It depends on how the system administrator sets it up. LCN = Logical Channel Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.