Edac's Programming Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfrench

I need some help and advice. When I program lets say Denver PD. Do I just put in the CC or do I need the CC plus the alt freq?

Thanks in advance for the help.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, in a scanner just put in all the 24 logical (recieve) channels for Denver and when you are in trunk mode, the radio will do the rest, no need to lock-out any thing except talkgroups you dont want to hear. In a Ma/Com radio you may get a display ( CC-scan ) out of range, hope that helps.

Scan-Denver

Ur welcome !

In that link, you will also find the most commonly used talkgroups for Denver Police including Metro-Net talkgroups for communicating with other agencies using the Network First system.

Moosemedic

My 785 D is acting up

My BC785D recently started doing something odd when scanning Denver.

It now is working like a conventional scanner, and will stop on a conversation, but then gives that series of "anti-scanner" beeps before resuming scanning.

I'm puzzled, as I've gone back in several times with the software ( I use BlackBag software) reviewed the frequency and updated the talkgroups.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Greg, make sure you do not start with Ch 00, its gotta be Ch 01 =)

Scan-Denver

Moosemedic said:
My BC785D recently started doing something odd when scanning Denver.

It now is working like a conventional scanner, and will stop on a conversation, but then gives that series of "anti-scanner" beeps before resuming scanning.

I'm puzzled, as I've gone back in several times with the software ( I use BlackBag software) reviewed the frequency and updated the talkgroups.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong?
Keep an eye on your signal strength meter - if you're signal is low, your scanner might not be getting all of the data signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.