EDACS/RACOM TG 04-023 and TG430

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Anybody have an idea who these are? 04-023 has been doing a radio check all morning. Last night I heard 2 guys doing a radio check with a TG of 430. The odd thing was that, they were unfamiliar with the radios (trying to figure them out---didnt know what the "little lightning bolt meant"). They also used , what I would think would be military phonetic alphabet. They signed off with something like whiskey , alpha , lima-----not sure if that was the correct order, and the other guy signed off with something like that also. Could it be National Gaurd? Mike

Haley

Just to add a little more to this. 04-023 are talking about several teams and they are on the move somewhere. This is listed as a Dept. of Public Health TG in the RACOM Directory. Also TG430 is listed as Mahaska Co. Roads (I can assure you that IS NOT who I heard)----they also used TG431 a little bit, last night. Mike

Haley

A little update. Now TG 525, and 530(which is also listed Dept. of Health), are talking about teams and getting ready to move. I believe they are on the interstate (I- 380), South of C.R. Some kind of disaster training possibly? I dont know, just a guess, they are pretty active though. They are talking about going to the "Central Fire Station"-----at exit 19A. Seems like the two in charge of the whole thing have very heavy southern accents. Mike

pm1072

A little update. Now TG 525, and 530(which is also listed Dept. of Health), are talking about teams and getting ready to move. I believe they are on the interstate (I- 380), South of C.R. Some kind of disaster training possibly? I dont know, just a guess, they are pretty active though. They are talking about going to the "Central Fire Station"-----at exit 19A. Seems like the two in charge of the whole thing have very heavy southern accents. Mike

DPH Area-2 yesterday had an active disaster drill on it, which was going on in Emmet Co.

As for the DPH Health All-Call, I heard the same traffic this morning of them heading south. I think it's a team of health and FEMA officials that are operating. They are in Cedar Rapids are are messing around with GPS either on phones, PDAs', or broadband Laptops. Trying to locate addresses, etc. This is on RACOM system 9 and 13 currently in Cedar Rapids.

I also saw lots of vehicles in town last night from other agencies, Saint Paul, MN PD, and Nebraska State Patrol. So there's gotta be all kinds of radio activity. Not sure where they're all operating on.

w0fg

Uhhh, doesn't anyone remember we're in the middle of a real disaster here?...this is not a drill. Those are NDMS/IDPH strike teams out checking residences affected by the flood. With 9.2 square miles of CR alone to be checked you'll probably be hearing such things for several weeks.

Haley

Rick, you are right, they are the strike teams. They have been talking about which houses have been checked , which ones have green dots. ect. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.