EDACS "stuck" channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
i dont know how to describe it, but sometimes when my 396 stops on a talkgroup in EDACS, the scanner does sticks on the frequency of the last transmission, hearing the five "beeps", then hearing other traffic on that frequency not related to the talk group.

Im wondering if there is a way to correct this situation, if its a flaw of the system, or the scanner itself.

Pete

SCPD

QRT
Hi,
I am from Launceston Tasmania Australia and we have a large statewide EDACS system and on my 396T I have the same problem sometimes, there are around 6 of us with 396T's and we all have the same issue, our 780's, 245's and 996T's do the same sometimes so we think it is an issue with the way the radio deals with the EDACS system, basically there is nothing that can be done sorry.

Paul

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate that Paul, and nice to hear from someone over seas.
I noticed the problem is non-existant with my two Pro-2055's. must be a uniden thing.

Thanks again, and God Bless.
Pete

tanger32

Not a problem.
Some other people down here have the same issues with Uniden 780, UBCT-8, 396T, 996T so it sounds like a uniden issue.

Paul

GTO_04

scannerman5000 said:
i dont know how to describe it, but sometimes when my 396 stops on a talkgroup in EDACS, the scanner does sticks on the frequency of the last transmission, hearing the five "beeps", then hearing other traffic on that frequency not related to the talk group.

Im wondering if there is a way to correct this situation, if its a flaw of the system, or the scanner itself.

Pete

Make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade. That may help, especially if you are getting the beeps if the scanner was previously on a digital system (before the EDACS transmission of course). The upgrade may help reduce, but not eliminate the problem.

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.