Pro-106: EDACS Transmissions Cut Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjc2k5

I've encountered an annoying issue with the scanner on an EDACS system where it stop receiving a particular frequency for about a second, then tune back in again, resulting in missing whatever was said during that time. I've tried using second conventional scanner simultaneously to confirm the transmission continues despite the Pro-106 cutting it off. The reception is crystal clear, if only the scanner would simply remain tuned in. When it resumes it's typically still on the same frequency. Any ideas? I've encountered a related issue where the frequency will actually change during the course of the transmission, and this can also result in losing some of the conversation. The former issue occurs on all talkgroups in the system, while the latter issue seems to be specific to a select few.

pjc2k5

I've tried adjusting squelch but it didn't make a difference. Squelch doesn't help because the scanner is no longer tuned into the frequency. It goes back to monitoring the control channel during these breaks. Pausing on a particular talkgroup didn't help either. It is Ingham County Public Safety in Michigan. I imported the settings from RadioReference using PSREdit500.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Make sure all priorities are turned off including weather. Don't forget to turn off priority on the conventional frequencies. I believe that if any priorities are on, it will interrupt the EDACS system about every 2 seconds to check the other frequencies. That would explain the frequency changing. I don't have PSREdit500. If I did, I would check your file. If someone has that software, they may give you a hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.