Eden Prairie's Switch to VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
If anyone listens to the EPFD on low band 46.48 they will soon be (finally) switching to VHF. I have not confirmed the frequency yet, although the license WNPR854 now shows 151.0475 instead of 46.48.

Happy scanning,

fwfdengine2

stmills

Haven’t had a chance to listen- but looking at the License they dropped licensing to 46.4800 when they added 151.0475 so the switch hopefully has already happened

stmills

I tried Monitoring the new vhf hi channel yesterday- I was not able to monitor the vhf low in the past. Between 5:55 and 6:00 my radio opened the squelch twice but I could not confirm a transmission on the channel.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Update: They got new VHF pagers in and are waiting for programming (Minitor 6). No audio on the new frequency yet. Rumor is potentially waiting to switch until the Pheonix G2 automated voice is installed.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
There was a few test pages done on this frequency the other day. It is not live yet but this is confirmed the correct frequency.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
The Phoenix G2 equipment is at the fire department waiting for install. New frequency is in dispatch and they test a few times a week. No solid date on the switch over

CcSkyEye

Thank for the information.

I have a buddy at work that uses his Baofeng as a scanner and is very excited to be able to hear their pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.