Edgefield County, SC SD & EMS Feed - Beeps Every 2 Seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
It has to be a scanner problem. All three of my scanners are receiving Edgefield County just fine. Like an earlier poster stated, sounds like a low battery beep.

Jaxco

Yep, County is fine on my scanners as well but I like using net feeds for Edgefield County because the signal is stronger where the feed provider is located.

Jaxco

It has to be a scanner problem. All three of my scanners are receiving Edgefield County just fine. Like an earlier poster stated, sounds like a low battery beep.

Nice Corsair avatar - hard to see the detail though... Is that a -1D or a -4? Perhaps even a -1a?

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
It is either an early model F4U-1 Corsair made by Chance Vought or a Goodyear FG due to the 3 bladed propeller. My uncle flew these at the end of the war and was one of the few who could land it on a jeep carrier. The later versions were the F4U-4 Grumman and sported a 4 bladed propeller, which is what my uncle flew. He emphatically preferred the later Chance Vought model. The Japanese had learned how to shoot down the F6F Hellcats and the earlier F4F Wildcats were no match for the Zero. The enemy couldn't hang with the Corsair.

I couldn't find a picture of a Chance Vought F4U-4 so this one had to do at the time.

Getting back on subject, have you got audio again?

Last edited:

Jaxco

That's true, the -4 had a 4 blade prop... I believe all of the other variants had 3 blades at one point or another... Below is a 1D:

The audio still has the beep every 2 seconds as of my last check earlier this morning

Attachments

• F4U-1D_1.png
    F4U-1D_1.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.