Edison 700 Simulcast TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There are no talkgroups listed for Edison Township on the NJICS statewide system. I suggest you set up a P25 system for Edison Township in ID Search with a site using the following frequencies:
When the system becomes active, you should hear traffic. You will also be able to see if a control channel is up.
Here is the only 700 system I see in the database for Middlesex Co: Middlesex County Trunking System, Middlesex County, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Take a look at the attachments filed with the applications, most recently in December. They requested slow growth when applying for the initial license, which means they have a 5 year period to build it out. They have since adjusted the timeline in that December request. It's all right there in the slow growth request attachment to the application.

mdsxfire

EDBM
A search of this forum yields no information nor does the DB have anything.

What are the plans for this rather robust looking system on paper? Anyone in the know? J?

Strange the last i heard from some county sources Edison was going to the Middlesex County TRS after they added 2 additional sites in Edison, that would also expand coverage in the boro of South Plainfield. They may have looked at deploying their own system and decided to goto county, not sure what would happen to the new frequencies, i guess time will tell.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Strange the last i heard from some county sources Edison was going to the Middlesex County TRS after they added 2 additional sites in Edison, that would also expand coverage in the boro of South Plainfield. They may have looked at deploying their own system and decided to goto county, not sure what would happen to the new frequencies, i guess time will tell.

Unless their intention is to follow Union County's path in which Union County integrated their system into a larger system (NJICS) while retaining ownership and technical control. Could it be a possibility Edison could be contemplating integrating their system into Middlesex County's in a similar fashion?

mdsxfire

EDBM
Unless their intention is to follow Union County's path in which Union County integrated their system into a larger system (NJICS) while retaining ownership and technical control. Could it be a possibility Edison could be contemplating integrating their system into Middlesex County's in a similar fashion?
It may be, I thought the same thing might happen when south brunswick moved over to the county that south Brunswick’s old freq could be added for extra capacity but Someone posted that they are already at the max for the system, Sayreville has their own small system but it is either linked IN to the county somehow or their TG are patched into the county system. Should be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.