Edison Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils4121

I have a XTS2500 and i was wondering if anyone knows if i listen to edison digitaly will they stun my radio even if i dont key my mic or do anything?

AlexC

Database Admin
I have a XTS2500 and i was wondering if anyone knows if i listen to edison digitaly will they stun my radio even if i dont key my mic or do anything?

It depends on:

1) Your programming of the radio?
2) Is it a P25 or 3600CC system?
3) How the system is configured
4) What ID you use in the radio
5) What level of auditing the admin does
6) If the person who watches the system sees it and whacks your radio

So the question is....

Is it worth blowing up a $2000+ radio to listen to a system where a $500 scanner will work?

Also, you'll run into problems if you clone an ID and it's a true smartzone system........

Hmmmm...

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Edison is a trunked system, and the only thing you'll be able to listen to on that system digitally is Fire/EMS . Everything else is Analog. In fact, they even offer analog frequencies for Fire / EMS. Police are completely encrypted.

W2SJW

Database Admin

The XTS series radios auto-affiliate to a programmed TRS. There is no way to turn that off. Don't risk getting that radio bricked...

TonyS

There is a way around the auto-affiliate, but I won't go into that and yes, it's not worth bricking your radio IMO.

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
I've seen this done with a non-Edison XTS. It can be done, I just don't know any particulars. If I had the money to blow on XTS's and the like, I'd be in-the-know.

I much prefer late-model Icom radios. Cheaper, sexier, smaller, smarter. But then again, if I had the cash, I'd get back into Moto gear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.