Edison School Bus (30 injured)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
I don't have any Middlesex county freq's programed in right now, so hearing this on Union County.

Elizabeth NJ FD took an engine out of service and put the firefighters on 2 Elizabeth ambulances and sent them to Route 1 in Edison. Not sure of exact location but Depty-2 said take turnpike to Edison exit and the accident is a couple hundred feet or yards from exit on Route 1.
Heard it was a School Bus accident with at least 30 injured.
I belive the county is also trying to get the county ambulance manned also. Cen-Com is relaying the info to all Union county ambulances on UCMA-EMS1 freq. Edison is using J.E.M.S.-4.

Update, 12 are enroute to Robert Wood Hospital, 11 or so more still waiting for more ambulances.
Also It might be JEMS-1 but also the "On-Scene" people are using SPEN-4.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Expatriate Member
Premium Subscriber
...but also the "On-Scene" people are using SPEN-4.
Cencom, MedCentral, and Union County OEM were all being patched into SPEN4 (which is the same as JEMS4). Took a while to get it to work, but it did. MedCentral Ops channel was also in use. The remaining 11 were taken to St. Peter's University Hospital ED in New Brunswick.

F y i

I believe Union County and Monmouth County sent the NJEMS TASK FORCE EMS transport buses. There was 30 green tag(walking or minor injuries). I believe someone called our EMS desk to advise them the one unit located at Shark River Hills First Aid Squad in Neptune was responding out of county.

Status
Not open for further replies.