Edisto Beach PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
I've been here since Saturday, and the 460.125 is "dead" - no traffic whatsoever. Now, I know this is a sleepy community since we come here often and traffic is infrequent, but there's not even the hourly ID. Also, no xmissions on 154.385 (fire). Does someone know what might be going on? Thanks.

hntsgt

Well, ya learn something new everyday, huh? I never realized that Edisto Beach was in Colleton County.... or that Colleton went all the way down to the ocean! I always thought Edisto was part of Charleston County. They haven't decided to go trunking, have they?

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
They're back on this morning. I heard them say something about a generator being offline and the battery backup only lasting a short time. That may have been the problem??

Yes, Edisto Beach is in Colleton County although it used to be in Charleston County. The town succeeded 20 years or so ago when it thought it wasn't getting enough services for the tax dollar. From time to time, they talk about going back to Charleston - but have stayed with Colleton. If you look closely at a map, you'll see how Edisto Beach is "carved out" from Charleston.

Status
Not open for further replies.