Editing alpha tags on EZ Scan. Is there an easier way?

centauri61032

To fly is human. To hover, divine.
Premium Subscriber
Hey all.
Alpha tags seem to be a real pain to edit with EZ Scan. Looking at the attached 'Capture1' screenshot, this is where you import channels from the RR database into EZ Scan. At that point, you can see the NAME of the channel, as well as the currently set Alpha Tag. However, you cannot edit the Alpha Tag on this page. Which is unfortunate, since most of the time I would want to simply copy the NAME field into the Alpha Tag fiend. You can edit the Alpha Tag on other EZ Scan screens, like the one shown in the 'Capture2' screenshot. However all of these other screens no longer show the 'Name' field that appears during import.
Has anyone evert come up with an easier way to edit these Alpha Tags for EZ Scan? I would actually like to export the data into something like Excel, where it could be edited there and then re-imported. But I don't see any way to do that either.
Any advice. would be greatly appreciated!

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hey all.
Alpha tags seem to be a real pain to edit with EZ Scan. Looking at the attached 'Capture1' screenshot, this is where you import channels from the RR database into EZ Scan. At that point, you can see the NAME of the channel, as well as the currently set Alpha Tag. However, you cannot edit the Alpha Tag on this page. Which is unfortunate, since most of the time I would want to simply copy the NAME field into the Alpha Tag fiend. You can edit the Alpha Tag on other EZ Scan screens, like the one shown in the 'Capture2' screenshot. However all of these other screens no longer show the 'Name' field that appears during import.
You can't edit on the capture 1 screen because it is showing what is in the database and you can't edit the database only your entries, once you import them they can then be edited the way you want. Keep in mind, if you just copy the lists as you want from the name field the entry would get cut off in your scanner because several are too long.

Has anyone evert come up with an easier way to edit these Alpha Tags for EZ Scan? I would actually like to export the data into something like Excel, where it could be edited there and then re-imported. But I don't see any way to do that either.
Since you are a premium subscriber, you can always download the information for the area in csv format and make changes in Excel, then import those. But, keep in mind, in order to import you must use the EZ Scan format for imports, to get that you need to manually enter one frequency/entry and export that, EZ Scan will not export anything imported from the database due to licensing agreement with RR where the info comes from.