Editing EZ Scan for WS-1088

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I need to delete several hundred frequencies from the conventional scan list on my EZ Scan. Is there any way to delete these en masse instead of having to do so individually?
Thanks in advance for any help.
jimg

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I need to delete several hundred frequencies from the conventional scan list on my EZ Scan. Is there any way to delete these en masse instead of having to do so individually?

Select the first one that you wish to delete. Hold down shift+down arrow. Scroll down to the last that you wish to delete. Click on delete button. You may delete individually by holding Crtl and selecting individual objects.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Select the first one that you wish to delete. Hold down shift+down arrow. Scroll down to the last that you wish to delete. Click on delete button. You may delete individually by holding Crtl and selecting individual objects.
THANKS so much--it worked great! Was able to delete several hundred conventional frequencies in a few minutes, compared to deleting them individually!
ONE other question: My computer is getting old and I'm having trouble with the ports. Is there anyway of transferring my whole EZ Scan program that I have built over to a new computer?
jimg

N8IAA

THANKS so much--it worked great! Was able to delete several hundred conventional frequencies in a few minutes, compared to deleting them individually!
ONE other question: My computer is getting old and I'm having trouble with the ports. Is there anyway of transferring my whole EZ Scan program that I have built over to a new computer?
jimg

All of your programming is on the SD card in the scanner. All you have to do, when you get a new PC, is plug the radio in, load the software, then read the scanner's info into the software. All is saved.
I have a couple of laptops that have the software and configuration for my scanners. (y)

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
jimg
another way is ....Make an archive via ezscan, save it to a usb drive, then on the new computer...download and install ezscan, the you can restore archive off the usb drive.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
All of your programming is on the SD card in the scanner. All you have to do, when you get a new PC, is plug the radio in, load the software, then read the scanner's info into the software. All is saved.
I have a couple of laptops that have the software and configuration for my scanners. (y)

OK, I loaded the 1080/1088 program on a newer computer. When I tried to copy the configuration from the Scanner Memory/SD Card to populate the program, I got this message: "Select the drive that contains your SD card or being used by the scanner memory and then click the continue button." When I did that, I received this message: "No Removable Drives Found." I tried both ports on the laptop and got the same message. I checked the cable from the scanner to the computer and it appears to be working as the batteries are being charged, as the display shows "Charging". Please advise what I need to do and thanks in advance for your help.
jimg

jimg

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I inserted an SD Card reader and was able to populate the data from the SD Card to the 1088 program on the computer.
jimg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
OK, I loaded the 1080/1088 program on a newer computer. When I tried to copy the configuration from the Scanner Memory/SD Card to populate the program, I got this message: "Select the drive that contains your SD card or being used by the scanner memory and then click the continue button." When I did that, I received this message: "No Removable Drives Found." I tried both ports on the laptop and got the same message. I checked the cable from the scanner to the computer and it appears to be working as the batteries are being charged, as the display shows "Charging". Please advise what I need to do and thanks in advance for your help.
jimg

Did you also install the drivers on the new computer, or just the software?

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Installing the software, if you select it, also installs the driver. However, on many newer windows machines, you still need to follow the procedure outlined in the Whistler article for it to accept the driver. I just got a new to me computer this past week and had to do this.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Installing the software, if you select it, also installs the driver. However, on many newer windows machines, you still need to follow the procedure outlined in the Whistler article for it to accept the driver. I just got a new to me computer this past week and had to do this.
Thanks again for all your help! It is appreciated!
jimg

Status
Not open for further replies.