Editing User ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if a future update could have the ability to edit radio ID's on the fly. Like editing a channel or talkgroup.

Example. If you're listening to something and the radio ID that you labelled shows up. But then you figure out that it's been labelled wrong. Especially if you don't have that ID labelled in the text. The radio itself knows the ID but you don't.

Be nice to be able to do this manually too.

Just a suggestion.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if a future update could have the ability to edit radio ID's on the fly. Like editing a channel or talkgroup.

Example. If you're listening to something and the radio ID that you labelled shows up. But then you figure out that it's been labelled wrong. Especially if you don't have that ID labelled in the text. The radio itself knows the ID but you don't.

Just a suggestion.

This is already possible. Menu->Manage Favorites-> {Favorite List} -> Review/Edit System -> {System} -> Edit Unit IDs.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
This is already possible. Menu->Manage Favorites-> {Favorite List} -> Review/Edit System -> {System} -> Edit Unit IDs.
If I have 4 radio IDs show up and they're labelled as follows.

3Sierra
3Sierra
3November
3November

and one of the Sierra's was labelled wrong and is supposed to be a 3November. How do I know which one to go in and edit?

I can't cause I don't know which one it is. Remember I probably have a few of these all labelled the same. But one of them is wrong. The radio knows which is which. But I don't. I wanna be able to change it on the fly when it shows up. And be able to change it in the advanced channel menu.

Of course you won't be able to change it if it's not actually on screen and active. But when it is. This could be an option to do.

I know I can go in and change IDs. But even then I don't know which one to change. Cause for one, once you label it the actual ID doesn't show up on screen. Not unless you've labelled it with that particular ID in the name tag.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Find the dupes in Sentinal - relabel one of them.

Use Prosan as it also shows the UID number.

But an SDS (either one) as it shows UID number and tag.

What I do - not pretty but works for me, is add a 3 letter random number/alpha along with date identified.

My tags are always unique so easy to determine.
Sample - DogCatcher1-abc 01-19

I keep an Excel file that I paste into Sentinel and use Mediamonkey to replay and ID.

3Sierra
3Sierra
3November
3November

and one of the Sierra's was labelled wrong and is supposed to be a 3November. How do I know which one to go in and edit?

I can't cause I don't know which one it is. Remember I probably have a few of these all labelled the same. But one of them is wrong. The radio knows which is which. But I don't. I wanna be able to change it on the fly when it shows up. And be able to change it in the advanced channel menu.

Of course you won't be able to change it if it's not actually on screen and active. But when it is. This could be an option to do.

I know I can go in and change IDs. But even then I don't know which one to change. Cause for one, once you label it the actual ID doesn't show up on screen. Not unless you've labelled it with that particular ID in the name tag.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm not talking about while using software I'm talking about changing the ID manually on the fly when I see a labelled ID show up.

Let me try this again.

4 radio IDs show up. I have them labelled as such.

Ottawa CACC Dispatch
Ottawa CACC Dispatch
Ottawa CACC Dispatch
Ottawa CACC Dispatch

I learn as I'm listening to a transmission that one of these that I have labelled like this is incorrect and should be labelled Kingston CACC Dispatch.

Tell me which one it is? You don't know cause the radio ID itself does not show up on screen. Just the label I have given it.

Now I wanna change it and correct it on the fly manually as it's there in front of me on the screen. Remember. I don't know the ID but the radio does. I want to hit enter to bring up the Advanced Channel Menu and edit the radio ID. If I wanted to edit the talkgroup like this I could. But I wanna do this to a radio ID instead.

Can we make this an option in the Advanced Channel Menu?

Yes there are some radio IDs I have labelled with the actual ID in the name tag as suggested. Yes if I notice an error I can then either write it down and change it later or go into edit the ID as you suggested. But not all are labelled this way for obvious reasons.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Just a suggestion.

3Sierra
3Sierra
3November
3November

I'm not talking about while using software I'm talking about changing the ID manually on the fly when I see a labelled ID show up.

Let me try this again.

4 radio IDs show up. I have them labelled as such.

Ottawa CACC Dispatch
Ottawa CACC Dispatch
Ottawa CACC Dispatch
Ottawa CACC Dispatch

I learn as I'm listening to a transmission that one of these that I have labelled like this is incorrect and should be labelled Kingston CACC Dispatch.

Tell me which one it is? You don't know cause the radio ID itself does not show up on screen. Just the label I have given it.

Now I wanna change it and correct it on the fly manually as it's there in front of me on the screen. Remember. I don't know the ID but the radio does. I want to hit enter to bring up the Advanced Channel Menu and edit the radio ID. If I wanted to edit the talkgroup like this I could. But I wanna do this to a radio ID instead.

Can we make this an option in the Advanced Channel Menu?

Yes there are some radio IDs I have labelled with the actual ID in the name tag as suggested. Yes if I notice an error I can then either write it down and change it later or go into edit the ID as you suggested. But not all are labelled this way for obvious reasons.

I understand what you're referring to as I have many radio ID's text tagged. Pressing Enter with an option to "Edit Unit ID" would be a good idea.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Instead of naming all your IDs the same, put a different number behind each one when you create them.
I get what you're saying. However not all of these IDs do I need to do this too. Although I do. Example:

Paramedic Unit 12345
Paramedic Unit 67890
Paramedic Unit 13456

The above is how I have some listed with the radio ID. So great I'm listening then Paramedic Unit 12345 shows up and I hear him referred to as Paramedic Unit 4259
(Our units are numbered like this 4259, 4256, 4239 etc...)

So great I know which one I have to go in and change cause I have the ID in the name. I can't do this always for obvious reasons of spacing and well I just don't need to.

But there are sometimes you screw up or something changes and you notice it wrong when it comes up and ya need to change it. But you dont know which one it is. So just liken editing a channel or talkgroup I wanna hit enter and change it right away while its on screen.

phask

Premium Subscriber
You can't do exactly what you want because you can't hold on a UID, you are holding on a channel/system or editing a channel and UID is a layer or sub of that system.

I get what you're saying. However not all of these IDs do I need to do this too. Although I do. Example:

Paramedic Unit 12345
Paramedic Unit 67890
Paramedic Unit 13456

The above is how I have some listed with the radio ID. So great I'm listening then Paramedic Unit 12345 shows up and I hear him referred to as Paramedic Unit 4259
(Our units are numbered like this 4259, 4256, 4239 etc...)

So great I know which one I have to go in and change cause I have the ID in the name. I can't do this always for obvious reasons of spacing and well I just don't need to.

But there are sometimes you screw up or something changes and you notice it wrong when it comes up and ya need to change it. But you dont know which one it is. So just liken editing a channel or talkgroup I wanna hit enter and change it right away while its on screen.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You can't do exactly what you want because you can't hold on a UID, you are holding on a channel/system or editing a channel and UID is a layer or sub of that system.
Ya I get that you can't hold on a UID but you can still go into the Advanced Channel Menu by hitting enter. All I'm asking for is if its possible to have the option of editing an UID in there as well.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Ya I get that you can't hold on a UID but you can still go into the Advanced Channel Menu by hitting enter. All I'm asking for is if its possible to have the option of editing an UID in there as well.

Did we ever think we'd be able to edit User/Radio ID's? It's a suggestion and you never know what can be done. Maybe give the user 2-3 seconds...we don't know? Not everyone uses this feature like we do, but then again their are many features I don't use or have no need either.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Did we ever think we'd be able to edit User/Radio ID's? It's a suggestion and you never know what can be done. Maybe give the user 2-3 seconds...we don't know? Not everyone uses this feature like we do, but then again their are many features I don't use or have no need either.
Exactly. I never use the tone out feature. Personally I think it's useless to me. But to others this a great feature for them.

Ubbe

I often find myself in the same situation. When seeing an unknown ID, or with a wrong name, I would like to push E and it could default to Add/Edit TG? but a row below that could say Add/Edit ID? and then select the ID option by the selector wheel and then a second push of the E button or selector wheel.

/Ubbe

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Now if the UID hasn't been saved already and you see it pop up and you want to save it and edit it at that time. Then yes you can do that. But we're talking about IDs already saved that may need to be edited on the fly manually.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Now if the UID hasn't been saved already and you see it pop up and you want to save it and edit it at that time. Then yes you can do that. But we're talking about IDs already saved that may need to be edited on the fly manually.

You sure can - it's not quick, not on the fly, more like on the snail

Hold system
Manage Fav
Select fav
Review / edit
select edit unit id
Scroll thru the 1000 (for me) to find it.

As I said possible, but no quick way, and I'd never do it :)

phask

Premium Subscriber
Please read my posts again.
Or read mine - you are not going to be able to do what you want with current firmware and architecture. Uniden DMA has been pretty much like this since the beginning. I doubt if it ever changes, but who knows.

I'd like UID lockout and UID priority as well as UID hold, but that has never been available and probably won't be.

Sometimes you have to live with what the tool does. IF that won't suffice, buy a new tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.